Suddenly Lost Most HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good idea..

I will try it and report back. The dish alignment problem can bre eliminated (in my case).

Parenthetically, I did not say it was happening "across the board to all users of 103." But, it is hapenning to a number of people in this thread.

I will try it and report back. The dish alignment problem can bre eliminated (in my case).

Parenthetically, I did not say it was happening "across the board to all users of 103." But, it is hapenning to a number of people in this thread.

All of these problems that people report are either installation-related or a problem with equipment. As charper1 says, this one sounds like a multiswitch problem (which one do you have?) or that you have a splitter somewhere driving multiple tuners.

No Splitter..

The system worked well for a year and a half; the problem developed last month. Maybe it has to do with the installation of the new receiver.

The channels on "103" will come back on after awhile. To the experts: is that a multiswitch issue? Why would the multiswitch work sometimes, then not at all?

I have no idea what kind of multiswitch I have.

I find it interesting that several people are having this problem and its with the channels on "103."

The system worked well for a year and a half; the problem developed last month. Maybe it has to do with the installation of the new receiver.

The channels on "103" will come back on after awhile. To the experts: is that a multiswitch issue? Why would the multiswitch work sometimes, then not at all?

I have no idea what kind of multiswitch I have.

I find it interesting that several people are having this problem and its with the channels on "103."

Actually no-one has exactly the same problem as you. Most people lose 103(c) because they have dish alignment or cable issues.

you need to be more specific about your installation. It seems like you have two receivers - which models (look under the smartcard flap). How are they connected to the dish? If you only have two receivers or DVRs you don't need a multiswitch. Do you have separate cables (one for a receiver, two for a DVR) running betwen your receivers and the dish. No splitters?

Separate Cables, no splitters

Both receivers have the DVR, so its 4 seperate cables running to them. 5 lnb dish.

I need to check the receiver models; I think i have the 20 and the new one is the 21.

But, I will check at home later.

Meanwhile, thanks for the interest and help.

What are your normal signals on the 103(c) satellite, all transponders, both tuners, on both DVRs (4 sets of signal strengths)? When you have a problem on any particular DVR, is it on one tuner or both?

Well what would be causing just ESPN2HD to be losing signal when none of the other channels on 110/119 or 103 is dropping? That's my problem that has been going on for a few months.

Checked the Receivers...

Both receivers have the DVR, so its 4 seperate cables running to them. 5 lnb dish.

I checked and I have have the HR 20 (the one that sometimes has problems) the new one is the HR 21 - 700.

Again, thanks for the interest and help.

Jef -- You were spot on -- thanks for the help. We now have strong reception on all satellites after: (1) Cropping some leaves that might have been in the edge of the beam. (2) Re-pointing the dish, which was significantly off kilter; (3) Discovering a missing b-band converter. (#3 is partially my fault, partially DirecTV's.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)