Suddenly Missing Programming

jfkittredge

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Here's an odd question:

I am a Silver subscriber and have been with Dish for a little over three months. I didn't scrutinize the programming packages too closely when I signed up, but since I subscribed, my girlfriend watched a lot of Style Network and HGTV. A few days ago, when my 3-month free HBO/Showtime trial period was over, I talked to a csr, and had the premiums removed from my subscriptions. At the same time, Style and HGTV became unavailable. When I went to the website, I saw that Style and HGTV are actually Gold channels. So my question is this: Had I been erroneously signed up for Gold all this time (even though I was paying the Silver price) only to have them discover the problem when they axed my HBO? Or did Style and HGTV get bumped up to Gold sometime recently? This isn't a huge problem (can't imagine paying another $10 a month for the relatively tepid Gold offerings), but I'm just trying to figure out if I'm crazy.

Style was on free preview, Dish never announced it, same with GAC, VS. and NatGeo which all had there free previews extended without announcement. Dish finally cut the free ride and told us sliver and bronze package users to upgrade to these channels since that's what a free preview is basically is on Dish, it to promote the package the channel's on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)