Audio on WTTG Washington DC

lineman20109

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Reva, Va
Anyone else around DC having trouble with the audio on Fox 5? I had the same trouble yesterday afternoon and figured it was a fluke. Today the stuttering is happening again. It is on both of my receivers on the HD Fox 5 coming from 61.5. The OTA channel is fine, and all of the other locals via Dish are fine, also.

Anyone else around DC having trouble with the audio on Fox 5? I had the same trouble yesterday afternoon and figured it was a fluke. Today the stuttering is happening again. It is on both of my receivers on the HD Fox 5 coming from 61.5. The OTA channel is fine, and all of the other locals via Dish are fine, also.
Mine's doing the same thing, only on WTTG Fox in HD on Dish channel 005-00. Watching the Eagles/Giants game and the audio keeps cutting in and out.

same problem with WTTE Columbus, OH

I live in Columbus, OH where our local Fox affiliate is WTTE. I had exactly the same problem last night while watching the World Series. It must have something to do with Fox affiliates or stations with call letters starting WTT.

I also had this problem with Fox 5 during the early game yesterday. It was to the point where the game was not watchable. I also got the solid yellow screen once in a while i've been seeing with Fox 5 a lot lately.

Fox 5 has been pretty much crap lately with these audio/video issues.

I put a sample on youtube. The audio in this clip isn't that bad, it gets worse at times. The lipsync is an accurate representation of what I hear and see from the 722k.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lubz-RwKwlo"]YouTube - MAH00026.MP4[/ame]

I put a sample on youtube. The audio in this clip isn't that bad, it gets worse at times. The lipsync is an accurate representation of what I hear and see from the 722k.

YouTube - MAH00026.MP4

Guess what, I have the same problems here in Panama City on ABC affiliate WMBB. It only happens to me on this channel and only on HD feed. It seems to happen in short spans and go away on its own. Mainly I have noticed it in the early afternoon hours sometimes lasting till late afternoon. When this issue is happening I can switch to the SD feed provided by dish and the problem doesn't exist. It also doesn't happen OTA so obvisously its a E*problem. I have reported it to dish quality but they are still "looking into it". All these problems I am getting tired of. We all keep wanting more HD channels but apparantely they can't operate what they have now so I could only imagine the problems if they keep "spreading" the bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts