Suggestion for DIRT team...

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Does anyone else miss the previous Auto-Tune option where it is automatically presented in the popup menu along with the record options? Current method works but is cumbersome to say the least & I'll bet the majority of users don't even know it exists.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Perhaps, I use it frequently on my VIP receivers primarily for short events (such as a news conference, or new player signed being introduced etc..) that I want to see live, and making it auto tune automatically makes go to tuner 1.

I used the auto tune all the time. I miss it. what is the cumbersome way to do it now?

It will appear as a option selection if you select "Record Series" in the guide - seems a rather odd, not to mention inconvenient, way to go about it. My point is, if it's going to remain available (and it should), there's no reason to make it require the extra clicks to access it when it could just as easily be on the initial popup menu as it was previously.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Yes, I miss the more accessable Auto tune. Also I really want the same pop up options as ViP when pressing record while watching a show. There have been a number of times I needed the "Manually End Recording" or similar option that was on the ViP. As one example, it is vital when CNN, etc. is running live with continuos coverage making the guide incorrect forcing me to make several different timers so that the DVR does NOT stop recording, That is a big PITA. Especially if I have to leave the house right away and return hours later. And I am right at the limit of timers so I can not set even a few timers for extending non stop recording of a channel like CNN.

I used to use it all the time, mainly for sports (not interested in recording it to watch later as it's too likely to be spoiled !).

To do it on the Hopper, as mentioned above, is too many button presses....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts