suggestions for different satillites

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi T-A-V-E

If you investigate Lyngsat.com and satbeams.com and SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList you should know as much as everyone. Beyond what is listed on these resources, there is typically nothing hidden. New spacecraft launches may not be listed until they are fully on line, but these are usually discussed in the forums in advance.

The four top Ku band sats I would cite for total FTA channel population or for specialty channels are Hispasat @ 30W, AMC 9 @ 83W, Galaxy 19 @ 97W and AMC 21 @ 125W. For C-Band I believe the best possibilities are SES 2 @ 87W, Galaxy 17 @ 91W, AMC 18 @ 105W and AMC 7 @ 137W.

I may be missing a few, but these are probably good to start out.

RADAR

Welcome to the Site!!!

If you will go here SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList as AC suggested you will be able to read through them yourself. Then you can determine if the channels there are what you are interested in.

What kind of set-up do you have? C or Ku? Lots of music on 91W C-Band.

is it possible at all to acces the C band through a small to medium satillite dish?

Well the last I checked I could get the audio channels on 91w C band with a 4 foot dish. If you are looking for 80s/90s music there are store radio networks on 95w Ku band that play mostly this type of music. A few times an hour they have an ad break for the store. Where I am they can be received on as small as a 20" dish.

is it possible at all to acces the C band through a small to medium satillite dish?

T.A.V.E.

We have been acquiring some C-Band channels with a "mini-BUD" but it is rather tricky. Only the most powerful channels allow good reception and it is not easy. You will not not get C band via a small dish, it has to be at least 1.2 meters and that is still difficult. We play with it, but it is not reliable, especially not with a motor. It's more of a playground than it is an option. You should set up a proper BUD for best reception of C-Band signals.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts