Suggestions for FTA HD PCI Card and dish for a HTPC system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calguy99

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Hi, I am building a HTPC system and I am thinking about adding a FTA PCI card to my build. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on which card and dish would work with Windows 7. I want to record HD programming for playback on my HD TV and wanted to know if the Win 7 OS will do that. Thanks Joe

I'm very happy with the Prof7301 that Rick sells. It performs like a champ on my HTPC (WIN7 64bit, i5 processor) with both SageTV and ProgDVBPro.

FriscoJohn said:
I'm very happy with the Prof7301 that Rick sells. It performs like a champ on my HTPC (WIN7 64bit, i5 processor) with both SageTV and ProgDVBPro.

proftuners.com might get it to you cheaper if your a canuck.

crackt out,.

Hi thanks for the reply to my post. Are there any satellite dishes which are better for HD TV? thanks

calguy99 said:
Hi thanks for the reply to my post. Are there any satellite dishes which are better for HD TV? thanks

a dish is a dish and bigger is always better. youll probly get the most hd from cband so you would need a 6 ft or bigger dish. 10 foot would be recommended. there are some ku hd channels you could get easily with a 90cm dish as well.

crackt out,.

Hi thanks for the reply a 10 or 6 ft dish would be way too big for my roof so a 90cm dish would be the way to go. Are there any newness sites to help me set and point a dish. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts