Suggestions for getting 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HiDefGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
Tidewater, VA
Hello, I have a Superdish and a dish from Voom. I am upgrading to 2x722 on the lease program and would like to get all the new HD channels (I'm on the old $10 HD pack). I have my old Voom dish, can I use that and self-install or is there a way to get them to take care of it cheaply or free?

what zip code are you in? I don't know what kind of marking are on the voom dish but if you have Azimuth, elevation and skew your in. Other wise I go to the flea market and I bet you can pickup a used dish and lnbf.

The voom dish obviously was pointed at 61.5 but I didn't know if it was as simple as buying another switch and tying it in. Thought I read somewhere about the LNB being different/incompatible

The lnb needs to be a DP Dual for 61.5, the lnb for the Voom dish is Legacy compatible. You probably have a DP34 switch if you have a Super Dish so all you need is the DP Dual and then you combine 119, 110 and 61.5 with the DP34 switch.

I have a DP34 with my Superdish. However, there are three LNB's already on there. I thought I would need a DP44 to add another dish?? Is one of the sats no longer needed? And I would need another LNB for the voom dish?

As far as I know 105 and 121 have no locals anymore and all the Intls. have moved to 118.7. So you'll have one free port available.
Some of Virginia is still on the 105W slot and mirrored at 129W. I would guess that OP is in the Richmond DMA and as such, may soon be exclusively served by 129W, so 61.5 is completely at the wrong end of things.

I'm in the Norfolk DMA.

So the Superdish was for 105, 110, and 119, and they stopped using 105 sometime recently then?

I'm getting ready to call, so I just need to know what I need to say about getting 61.5.

I'm in the Norfolk DMA.

So the Superdish was for 105, 110, and 119, and they stopped using 105 sometime recently then?

I'm getting ready to call, so I just need to know what I need to say about getting 61.5.

Norfolk is on 110.

They will probably install a Dish 1000.2 and that will be that. Norfolk has been on 110W for some time. The reason I suggest that they'll go with 129W is that's what the rest of the state uses and they want to get rid of all of the Superdishes ASAP.

Well you're right! The deal was two 722 receivers for $398 with $200 of mail-in (yuck) rebates. They are going to come and install a 1000.2 on Thursday. I was surprised to hear they would use 129, I hope they can pick it up, our lot is surrounded by tall pines, though they are about 250' away.

BTW the Superdish is in the way of the new patio, I hope the installer can put the new dish on the roof above it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)