Suggestions for getting the best price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
I am currently a dish and u-verse customer and am considering switching to Directv, primarily because of the $75 / month price for the Ultimate package for 24 months. My parents currently have U-verse and DirecTV, but both services are billed separately because they started their service with DirecTV before U-Verse was available where they live. Neither my parents or myself are under any contracts with U-Verse or DirecTV. Does anyone have suggestions on how my parents can get the best price for DirecTV since they are already AT&T customers and likely can't get the same new customer deal that I can get? I have considered transferring the billing for my parents account into my name and then try negotiating with AT&T to get a good discount on their service if that would help. My parents would prefer not to enter into a new contract. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently a dish and u-verse customer and am considering switching to Directv, primarily because of the $75 / month price for the Ultimate package for 24 months. My parents currently have U-verse and DirecTV, but both services are billed separately because they started their service with DirecTV before U-Verse was available where they live. Neither my parents or myself are under any contracts with U-Verse or DirecTV. Does anyone have suggestions on how my parents can get the best price for DirecTV since they are already AT&T customers and likely can't get the same new customer deal that I can get? I have considered transferring the billing for my parents account into my name and then try negotiating with AT&T to get a good discount on their service if that would help. My parents would prefer not to enter into a new contract. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to inform you, if you go one way or the other, you will be back in a contract.

When you say you parents have U Verse, what do they have U Verse for ?
Internet or TV ?
If they have it for Internet, they can get a bundle discount by calling ATT.

If they already have the service, there obviously wouldn't be a new contract unless they started new.

I am currently a dish and u-verse customer and am considering switching to Directv, primarily because of the $75 / month price for the Ultimate package for 24 months. .

where did you see this? directv website has it @ 75 for 12 months

Status
Please reply by conversation.