$$ Summary of D* Offers Available - Most offers end 7/14 & 7/21! Save over $1500 $$

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jaj1701,

Not sure how familiar you are with Bing, but I thought I would ask your or anyone else who may know. I originally had to email Bing support a PDF of my order to get my credit. During the original order I forgot to add the TV Internet Kit so I called to add it. They had to cancel my existing order and create a new one with the Kit and I added a free SD receiver while I was at it. I'm pretty sure Bing will catch wind and cancel the cashback from the original order. Do you think I email them the new order (different confirmation & acct) and still get the discount? My worry is they won't since I didn't go through Bing on this "new" order.

You must have submitted your online rebates already. In the future, don't do that until the day before your install. That way they can still edit your order.

My guess is YES, you will LOSE bing. Don't hurt to send them the new one though and see what they do. Since you were only getting $40 back from bing (if I remember correctly)....or now $50 including the TV internet connection service fee, it's probably not that big of a loss.

However, you could always call in and cancel everything and reorder everything online. The only thing is you'll need a new email address to use as well as possibly a later installation date.

Good luck
Jason

You must have submitted your online rebates already. In the future, don't do that until the day before your install. That way they can still edit your order.

My guess is YES, you will LOSE bing. Don't hurt to send them the new one though and see what they do. Since you were only getting $40 back from bing (if I remember correctly)....or now $50 including the TV internet connection service fee, it's probably not that big of a loss.

However, you could always call in and cancel everything and reorder everything online. The only thing is you'll need a new email address to use as well as possibly a later installation date.

Good luck
Jason

Nope, didn't do any rebates for that specific reason. only had the referral. they were able to choose the same install date even thoguh they couldnt the previous day. I would be afraid if I cancelled again and went online I wouldn't be elidgeable for the discounts again.

Nope, didn't do any rebates for that specific reason. only had the referral. they were able to choose the same install date even thoguh they couldnt the previous day. I would be afraid if I cancelled again and went online I wouldn't be elidgeable for the discounts again.

Oh. Then wired they couldn't add the two items....I added a recevier and two different programming items to my order prior to submitting my rebate.

I don't blame you for not wanting to risk things over a relatively small amount of money. I'd probably do the same as you.....just TRY for BING...and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Oh. Then wired they couldn't add the two items....I added a recevier and two different programming items to my order prior to submitting my rebate.

I don't blame you for not wanting to risk things over a relatively small amount of money. I'd probably do the same as you.....just TRY for BING...and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I just sent BING another email with the new confirmation and acct #. I have some guesses why the system wouldn't allow them to add everything to the existing order:
- Both reps mentioned under their breath I had a referral.
- My city is an HD only market and I wanted to add an SD receiver. My order conf shows an HD receiver for FREE :) (thanks mcfehn)
- They wanted to get credit for signing up a "new" customer

Best Buy's 7/11 ad states the $50/$300 gift card rebates end 7/21 instead of 7/14....though the online rebate forms have not been updated and still reflect 7/14.

DirecTV's current offer still ends 7/21

BING is still 40% as of today, can change without notice, ends forever 7/31

So hurry, as all these offers END SOON!

I tried your BING suggestion and I get to the Directv ordering page but I don't see the BING 40% discount anywhere. Do I need to check out for the box to show?

I tried your BING suggestion and I get to the Directv ordering page but I don't see the BING 40% discount anywhere. Do I need to check out for the box to show?

It will not show the discount on your order, the main thing is if it shows the 40% box at the beginning of the order and make sure you place the order right away. Then, if it doesn't automatically show up in your BING acct within 48-72hrs, to submit a PDF copy of your order to them. They'll see your activity from BING and see that you did place the order. You will not see the discount at check out.

I just dropped my Best buy Rebate in the mail this week. We should keep tabs to see how long it takes for the gift cards arrive. I will be surprised if they actually do show up within 6-8 weeks. I am 95% sure I am gonna have to call a million times come this fall.

I just dropped my Best buy Rebate in the mail this week. We should keep tabs to see how long it takes for the gift cards arrive. I will be surprised if they actually do show up within 6-8 weeks. I am 95% sure I am gonna have to call a million times come this fall.

I will post as well when my $50 and my $300 show up.

I was installed on the 1st and 2nd of July. On July 6th the Best Buy $50 rebate automatically showed up as Approved at Direct.com/rebates along with the $29/$14 rebate I submitted on June 30th. That was pretty cool. Since they so quickly and automatically approved the $50, I'm hoping the $300 will go just as smooth.

I just mailed my $300 rebate today. One would think the $50 would show up before the $300 then. I'll post when I receive either or.

Do I have to order in a Best Buy store to get the $50 gift card, or can I just use: www.bestbuy.directv.com ?

http://www.bestbuy.directv.com

I ordered from bestbuy.directv.com and my $50 gift card rebate showed up online automatically as approved. I suspect I'll have it by the end of the month.

Only for the $300 tv purchase do you need to mail in a rebate form.

REMEMBER, to be safe you must buy both today if your doing the TV.....otherwise just do the directv order today.

Good luck,

Jason

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the rebate form has an expiration date of 7/14/2010 yet if you look at the "additional details" linked from the Costco or Best Buy, the details show 7/21/2010 as an expiration date. Called Directv several times and many departments later, I cannot get a straight answer. Some in customer service said it would be honored until 7/21. They will not put that in writing however.

Has anyone noticed that the rebate form has an expiration date of 7/14/2010 yet if you look at the "additional details" linked from the Costco or Best Buy, the details show 7/21/2010 as an expiration date. Called Directv several times and many departments later, I cannot get a straight answer. Some in customer service said it would be honored until 7/21. They will not put that in writing however.

Bottom of Bestbuy.directv.com......(the reason for no new rebate form from Best Buy is that this was an "extension of the current offer, therefore no new materials were printed". Costco also extended, no new forms available there either.

The extension was in every Best Buy ad nationwide...this will not be a problem.

If it is a problem, I'm sure Iceberg will honor the rebate (just testing to see if he reads every post).

additional details

$50 BEST BUY GIFT CARD: Customer must order new DIRECTV service through Best Buy between 2/09/10-7/21/10. Activation of CHOICE Package ($58.99/mo.) or above required. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 8/21/10, DIRECTV will automatically send one (1) $50 Best Buy Gift Card to the name and address used to activate DIRECTV account.

$300 BEST BUY GIFT CARD: Customer must buy an HDTV and order new DIRECTV service both through Best Buy between 2/09/10-7/21/10. Activation of CHOICE Package ($58.99/mo.) or above required. Upon DIRECTV System activation by 8/21/10, customer must complete $300 Best Buy Gift Card Redemption form, attach a copy of the Best Buy receipt indicating an HDTV purchase between 2/09/10-7/21/10, attach copy of first month's DIRECTV bill showing activation between 2/09/10-8/21/10 and mail documents to the address listed above. Form must be postmarked on or before 9/21/10. Upon receipt of all required documents, DIRECTV will verify eligibility and ship one (1) $300 Best Buy Gift Card to the name and address used to activate the DIRECTV account. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of cards. Reproductions of redemption form strictly prohibited. Redemption forms cannot be redeemed in any Best Buy locations. DIRECTV not responsible for late, lost, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail. Not valid for purchase by groups, clubs, businesses or organizations. Void where prohibited, licensed, taxed or restricted. LIMIT ONE $50 and ONE $300 GIFT CARD PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. OFFERS MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER DIRECTV Best Buy Gift Card OFFERS. This promotional offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotional or partner offers.

Savings based on standard rates for applicable programming packages, advanced hardware and 3 months of premiums. Credit card not required in MA & PA.

BILL CREDIT/PROGRAMMING OFFER: Free SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $38.97. Free Starz and SHOWTIME for 3 months, a value of $72. LIMIT ONE PROGRAMMING OFFER PER ACCOUNT. Upon DIRECTV System activation, customer will receive redemption instructions (included in customer's first DIRECTV bill, a separate mailing, or, in the state of New York, from retailer) and must comply with the terms of the instructions. In order to receive full $29 credit on the CHOICE package or above; or the full $18 credit on the OPTIMO MAS package or above, customer must submit rebate online, and consent to email alerts prior to rebate redemption. Online redemption requires valid email address. Rebate begins 6-8 weeks after receipt of rebate form online (8-12 weeks for mail-in). Timing of promotional price depends on redemption date. Account must be in "good standing," as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion, to remain eligible. DIRECTV is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail. IF BY THE END OF PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD(S) CUSTOMER DOES NOT CONTACT DIRECTV TO CHANGE SERVICE THEN ALL SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AT THE THEN-PREVAILING RATES. DIRECTV System has a feature which restricts access to channels. In certain markets, programming/pricing may vary.

INSTANT REBATE: HD or DVR equipment instant rebate for qualified customers only and requires activation of the CHOICE package or above, or OPTIMO MÁS or above. Second advanced product offer for qualified customers only who select an HD DVR or HD Receiver as the first free equipment upgrade, and requires activation of the CHOICE XTRA package or above; MÁS ÚLTRA or above; Jadeworld; or any qualifying international service bundle, which shall include the PREFERRED CHOICE programming package (valued at $38.99/mo.). DVR service ($7/mo.) required for DVR and HD DVR lease. HD Access fee ($10/mo.) required for HD and HD DVR lease. LIMIT TWO ADVANCED EQUIPMENT REBATE PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT.

INSTALLATION: Standard professional installation only. Custom installation extra.

SYSTEM LEASE: Purchase of 24 consecutive months of any DIRECTV base programming package ($29.99/mo. or above) or qualifying international services bundle required. FAILURE TO ACTIVATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE EQUIPMENT LEASE ADDENDUM MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER RECEIVER. IF SERVICE IS TERMINATED BEFORE THE END OF AGREEMENT, A CANCELLATION FEE OF $20/MONTH REMAINING WILL APPLY. ALL EQUIPMENT IS LEASED AND MUST BE RETURNED TO DIRECTV UPON CANCELLATION, OR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT FEES APPLY. VISIT directv.com OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Pricing residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming subject to DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at directv.com/legal and in first bill.

©2010 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

Offers end 7/21/10 and are based on approved credit; credit card required (except in MA & PA). New residential customers only. (Lease required. Must maintain programming, DVR service and/or HD Access.) Lease fee $5/mo. for second and each additional receiver. Applicable use tax adjustment may apply to the retail value of the installation. *Based on the largest national cable providers' HD DVR verses DIRECTV's HD DVR (model HR22 or later). †Based on average number of HD channels offered by cable providers in major metropolitan areas. Actual number of HD channels varies by provider and market. ^Dolby Digital requires additional equipment, sold separately. "Dolby" is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories. **Based on national offering of exclusive sports packages and other major sports programming in HD. Professional and collegiate sports subscriptions sold separately. ††Eligibility based on service address. ^^DVR Scheduler requires Internet access via computer or mobile phone and directv.com login. Remote connections may vary. In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers. Visit directv.com/dvrscheduler for details. ‡Among the largest national cable & satellite TV providers. 2009 American Customer Satisfaction Index.

Thanks for the follow up. I feel better knowing I will not have a problem. Also got a confirmation email back saying it has been extended to 7/21.

I am looking at switching to D* and was wondering about the referral discounts along with all of these listed here.

If I use a customers account number and sign up, it will reduce my bill $10 for 10 months, correct?

I noticed on D* website under the referral info that you can have 10 referrals on your account in a 12 month period. So does that mean I could (in theory) get $10 for the new customer referral for 10 months and then get up to $100 off a month ($10/customer referred) for 10 months with a total of $110 off a month?

That sounds crazy and I feel like I am missing something...

When do the current D* promos expire? The months 1-12 discount, 13-24, free HD for life. I think they are canceling my order from today's installation and worried I won't get those back when I sign back up.

I think the promotion expires on the 21st.

Crap. The local retailer told me to call back on Wednesday. Maybe I should call him tomorrow to voice my promotion concerns. Then by the time they install it, the new promo should be out and I can compare the two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts