Sunday Ticket HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Izzy_Asper_Sucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake but my understanding was that Sunday Ticket games were available in HD if the original brodcast was HD. I only get the local games in HD though, none of the other games. Am I missing something or missinformed? Thanks for your feedback.

With all Sunday Ticket games you only get the games that are not broadcast by your local channels. But all of the HD games are carried on Sunday Ticket, but you need the superfan package to get those

That is correct. If you only order the base Sunday Ticket package which costs this year 200 bucks a season renewal price you won't get any Sunday Ticket HD games beyond what is shown on your local stations which can only be received OTA or via HD locals services in the future. With that said to get the other HD games not on your local stations you will need to add the Superfan package which costs 50 bucks extra for renewal customers or 100 bucks extra for first time Sunday Ticket customers. As always any games both SD and HD shown on your local stations will be blacked out on the NFL Sunday Ticket channels. Next season that will change when all NFL games will be shown in HDTV. Next year when the new CBS and Fox contracts start they will be allowing DirecTV to broadcast all the games to all customers without blackouts. This means that you will be able to get all NFL games on Sunday Ticket via the satellite without having to switch to your local stations anymore. This will be so next year because of the chance of a class action lawsuit that "was" going to be filed against both CBS, Fox and DirecTV. You as a paying NFL Sunday Ticket customer are in simple terms paying off the local stations for their losses because you will be watching other games instead of yours.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)