Sunday Ticket Super Fan Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
Assuming I have an HD receiver, do you need to be an HD subscriber in order to get the Sunday Ticket Super Fan, or can I get it with a simple TC programming option (no other HD).

I originally posted this in the Directv Forum. Now I see that this is probably where it belongs.

Any help?

You do not have to be an HD pack subscriber ($10.99)but you will need to have the NFL Sunday Ticket with at least the Total Choice progamming before you can get the Super Fan add on!

Perfect. Exactly what I was wondering. I am signing up for service (including NFL Ticket) on Thursday, and I have no interest in HD Content, but I was interested in super fan add-on if I can strike a deal with Directv.

Thanks

Smthkd said:
You do not have to be an HD pack subscriber ($10.99)but you will need to have the NFL Sunday Ticket with at least the Total Choice progamming before you can get the Super Fan add on!
The past 2 years the only programming I've had from D* was NFL ST (a la carte). I've read on AVS and elsewhere that this year to get ST you would have to have a base D* programming package such as total choice - or at the least one of the spanish packages at $29.99. I had resigned myself that I would have to pay at least $29.99 extra for the 4 months that NFL ST was on to get it.

I auto-renewed in July as usual and my account summary showed "NFL Sunday Ticket 2005" I started watching the NFL channel so I knew I was authorized. I thought about waiting until the season started to see if I'd get ST without a base package but I decided I can't watch just the ST SD channels - they look horrible on my set. I have to have HD so that means I needed Superfan (a.k.a. SuperSucker). When they added the SF choice to the D* website I tried to only add it but it wouldn't let me without first choosing a base package.

I knew I had to order SF by today or the price would go up from $49 to $99. I was hoping something would change and waited until last evening to finally call to order SF - fully expecting to have to add at least the spanish package. (I don't speak spanish BTW - I have cable as well as E* - I only want D* for ST).

To my pleasant surprise the CSR never mentioned adding a base package and cheerfully added SF for $49. My account now shows:

Programming Service

NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2005
NFL Sunday Ticket 2005
Local Channels

Maybe I got lucky on the 1st call ... I should have got a lottery ticket :D

So let me get this straight. You have Directv for Sunday ticket only, and cable for everything else.

And you're not paying for anything other than Sunday ticket. I never knew that was possible.

You've got it straight (except I've also got E*)

I didn't think it was possible either. Like I said I was fully expecting to have to subscribe to a package when I called to add SF.

And according to D*, this is the last year they will allow it. I'm in the same boat - an NFLST customer only, but according to the CSR, they WILL require a package to renew next year. Bummer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)