Sunday Ticket

I had Sunday Ticket with Expressvu last year.

They had EVERY game in HD that was available. All 6 Fox HD games plus the three CBS games. Star Choice carried 0 extra HD games.

Hands down, for HD go Bell Expressvu. $179 Canadian is the cost again this year.

Elite09 said:
I had Sunday Ticket with Expressvu last year.

They had EVERY game in HD that was available. All 6 Fox HD games plus the three CBS games. Star Choice carried 0 extra HD games.

Hands down, for HD go Bell Expressvu. $179 Canadian is the cost again this year.

Did you have to have the HD Package to view all the games ?

dozens said:
According to kusat the SC HD STB is above $100 more then the BEV and if I understand things correctly I will need to get the SC dish, lnb and switch will increases shipping cost. If I go with BEV I can pickup the LNBs locally and just get the switch sent with the receiver saving some shipping.

Well, if you get the Starchoice HD box it's going to be $389.89CAD whether you get the dish or not. The ExpressVu is going to be $299.89CAD with or without dish. You're not going to be buying the Dish500 dish for $10. Get the system package and you'll have everything you need.

Well, if you get the Starchoice HD box it's going to be $389.89CAD whether you get the dish or not. The ExpressVu is going to be $299.89CAD with or without dish. You're not going to be buying the Dish500 dish for $10. Get the system package and you'll have everything you need.
True, but there is a fairly sizable difference in shipping costs, which is why I posted them.

Derwin0 said:
True, but there is a fairly sizable difference in shipping costs, which is why I posted them.

Well, I don't think he's going to get the dish for the ~$30 difference in price you posted either. It appears that buying a Dish500 dish is >$50 (plus shipping if mail ordered). Again, it would still be cheaper.

The NFLST is not available in HDTV on BEV ( bell expressvu ) . The Sunday games 9 of them and Monday night football are available on the HDTV package which is $10 per month on top of basic min package for a total of $35 per month plus tax ...

P.S one does not need the SD version of NFLST to get all those above mentioned games...

Then please explain channels 465-469, which are devoted to "Sunday Ticket HDTV" ...

Bell uses those 5 channels to suppliement the games which are NOT on any of their other HD channels. This allows the Sunday Ticket subscribbers get all the games in HD.

rockhard said:
The NFLST is not available in HDTV on BEV ( bell expressvu ) . The Sunday games 9 of them and Monday night football are available on the HDTV package which is $10 per month on top of basic min package for a total of $35 per month plus tax ...

P.S one does not need the SD version of NFLST to get all those above mentioned games...

I am sorry but you are dead wrong. Bell Expressvu Sunday Ticket subscribers had every available game that was in HD. Expressvu had 5 HD channels which the out of market CBS and FOX games were on.

Every week Bell Expressvu subscribers saw

6 Fox HD games
3 CBS HD games
1 ABC HD Game (MNF)
1 TSN HD Game (ESPN Sunday Night Football)

The latter two there are not included with Sunday Ticket but if you subscribe to the HD pack you receive them and the local Boston and Seattle NFL games.

That was last year boys.

The reason that DTV added a surcharge this year is that the NFL passed on the cost of HD uplinks to DirecTV. Whether the NFL does the same to non US suppliers has not yet been indicated this year. So don't take what happened last season as an indicator of this year's offering.

I also notice that SC took the Sunday Ticket page down off their website. (Last year, their website stated the cost was $179 Cdn, but in fact they only charged $99.80).

As for the SC DSR500; it is being discontinued. To be replaced by a MPEG4 upgradable unit (same chipset/firmware as DVR530). So the price reductions have already started at the big box stores in Canada where you can get the 500 for $290 or less

And this year too.
Someone on AVSForums ordered this years Sunday Ticket a week ago and was charged $179Can. They asked if the HD games were any extra, and the CSR confirmed there was no extra charge.

Derwin0 said:
And this year too.
Someone on AVSForums ordered this years Sunday Ticket a week ago and was charged $179Can. They asked if the HD games were any extra, and the CSR confirmed there was no extra charge.

I can confirm this. $179 CDN and all HD is included just like last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts