Super 8

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
First off I want to say that I am a HUGE JJ Abrams fan, I think he has hit a lot of movies and tv shows out of the park, and I dont think he has done much wrong. With that being said I really enjoyed this movie..For me it was predictable but I did not mind that at all. There was a lot of action and plenty of "jump"scenes, the only problem I had with this movie and it could have been the theater I was at, but the audio was mixed VERY loud in certain parts, other then that story and acting were all top notch, I would give it a 9/10!

I enjoyed it enough that I think I will see it in the theater again. There were so many plots going on at the same time, I feel I missed some of it. It is not just a creature movie, but mixes in love and loss plots with mystery and adventure. You want to know about the creature, but the movie really does not seem to centered on the creature, but more on the interaction of the teenagers. The creature is more of a background activity.

I am only a so-so JJ Abrams fan, as I am still miffed at how he mucked up Star Trek (but less over time), but I absolutely LOVED this film. Saw it on vacation this week, and my whole family loved the whole thing. Yeah, the ending was a bit too much of an homage to Spielberg, but the storytelling and the capturing of life for a kid in the 1970s was so believable. My son kept asking when can we see it again, and "we will own this on Blu-Ray with DVD copy, right dad?"

Best film I have seen in a theater in a long time. (We'll go see it again later this week :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)