Super Dish Too Big?

Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
There was a lot of talk about the Superdish being too big.

This is what I need down here in the Caribbean to get three satellites. At present I have 119, 110 and AMC6 at 72 for Internet.

The right hand dish would tip about 3 degrees further up to get 61.5 for CBS HD, something I will do as soon as I can get DSL for Internet later this year.

Attachments

• dishfarm.jpg
    dishfarm.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 464
where in caribbean are you located. I'm thinking about getting dish network but I don't know what size dish I need. I live in Trinidad

Scott, do you need a personal assistant to accompany you? I would be happy to volunteer!

I have a feeling you may not be able to get Dish that far south, I am only a couple of hundred miles south of Puerto Rico and the signal is beginning to drop off. It might be a good idea to post a message on the Latin American forum at dbsforums.com. There is a regular poster there called Rafael who is in Venzuela who might be able to give you more information.

I am in Southern Mexico, and I use a 3.1mt dish to grap the 110W signal, a 1.2mt dish for 119W, and a 90cm dish for 61.5.

Even with a 10 footer for 110W, I still loose signal for about 6 hours daily on certain transponders.

Kevin

cancunkev said:
I am in Southern Mexico, and I use a 3.1mt dish to grap the 110W signal, a 1.2mt dish for 119W, and a 90cm dish for 61.5.

Even with a 10 footer for 110W, I still loose signal for about 6 hours daily on certain transponders.

Kevin

And some people whine about a Superdish size. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts