Super Dish Too Big?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
There was a lot of talk about the Superdish being too big.

This is what I need down here in the Caribbean to get three satellites. At present I have 119, 110 and AMC6 at 72 for Internet.

The right hand dish would tip about 3 degrees further up to get 61.5 for CBS HD, something I will do as soon as I can get DSL for Internet later this year.

Attachments

• dishfarm.jpg
    dishfarm.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 468
where in caribbean are you located. I'm thinking about getting dish network but I don't know what size dish I need. I live in Trinidad

Scott, do you need a personal assistant to accompany you? I would be happy to volunteer!

I have a feeling you may not be able to get Dish that far south, I am only a couple of hundred miles south of Puerto Rico and the signal is beginning to drop off. It might be a good idea to post a message on the Latin American forum at dbsforums.com. There is a regular poster there called Rafael who is in Venzuela who might be able to give you more information.

I am in Southern Mexico, and I use a 3.1mt dish to grap the 110W signal, a 1.2mt dish for 119W, and a 90cm dish for 61.5.

Even with a 10 footer for 110W, I still loose signal for about 6 hours daily on certain transponders.

Kevin

cancunkev said:
I am in Southern Mexico, and I use a 3.1mt dish to grap the 110W signal, a 1.2mt dish for 119W, and a 90cm dish for 61.5.

Even with a 10 footer for 110W, I still loose signal for about 6 hours daily on certain transponders.

Kevin

And some people whine about a Superdish size. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts