Super DMA/scanning question

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
With all the talk of super DMA and scanning locals, I had a question (a little embarrassed to ask):

I have the yagi style upgraded antenna with a 10 foot boom. What is the correct procedure for scanning locals? Currently, I have been going through all of the RFs to find the strongest signal, then scanning on that one. Is this the best way to do it?

Once channels are scanned, what is the correct way to add more channels without rescanning?

I am not sure if I am doing it right, because there are a couple of channels that I should get, but don't (40-50 mi away) but there are others that I shouldn't be able to get, that come in on occasion. (80-100 miles away).

I searched all over Satguys for an answer to this before posting this, without luck.

Anyone have an answer or link?

Thanks a lot.

-k

I am not familiar with your antenna. But this is what I do. I have rotor with a highly directional antenna. If I want to pick up some channels in CT about 65 miles away, I point the antenna in that direction. Then go to the installation wizard and check the strength of the RF channel. I positioned the antenna to get the best strength possible once it is over 85 then I use the scan function to scan for the channel.

If the scan function picks up, it will show up on the page before saving. If you want to save the channels that you picked up, I believe the green button will let you save them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)