Super Frustrated With Listed Recordings Now HR54--New (Update (??)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rebel Racing

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Detroit
Hi Guys,

Ever since the latest update to the box (HR54),our list of recorded shows is really bad. By that I mean that sometimes I can see some of the recorded stuff and other times it is not there. Common sense would tell you that if you tell it to show all recordings, then everything will be there but, NO!!. I can tell it to show KIDS Shows then some will show but not all. I tell it to show LATEST it will show some but not all. Most often than not, I have to do a search,and finally find all the recorded ones I want--not at all like we did with the old HR24. I do like the fact that we can occasionally record more than 2 shows at once but really, I am not happy with the HR54. Any way around this screwy list thing we are having???? And yes, a red button reboot will show everything n the list--for a day or less and then it goes back to a wacky set up. Any solution or, is this a "wait for the next update"??

This is a bug in the latest software , there is no real workaround (although you will find numerous suggestions that appear to work for some people)

This is a bug in the latest software , there is no real workaround (although you will find numerous suggestions that appear to work for some people)
O.K. then. I wish I could go back to the prior update--I know I cannot though. Any suggestions for me??

I don’t like it either.

TiVo screwed up their interface also

The big difference is that with Tivo you don't have to switch to the new interface. I haven't ever even seen Hydra, I'm sticking with the current one because it works perfectly and there's no way a new GUI would increase my satisfaction with Tivo but it could decrease it if it is buggy (like it was the first few years of the then-new HD GUI so I stuck with the SD GUI until they fixed the problems)

Maybe in a couple years after I quit hearing about all the problems I'll give Hydra a try, but I'll retain the option to go back!

Reactions: dishrich
Yea a lot of times I have to go to continue watching to find my show.
Yesterday everything was missing except 2 shows.
A lot of times my show I record daily is not listed. I have to go to history and select it.

Yea a lot of times I have to go to continue watching to find my show.
Yesterday everything was missing except 2 shows.
A lot of times my show I record daily is not listed. I have to go to history and select it.
What is strange to me (anyways) is that I can go into our kitchen where I have our old HR24 and all the list is intact and I can watch it from there. I am pretty sure that the HR54 still has all the recorded stuff, it's just a pain to have to search through it.

Yes, all the recordings are there. Finding them is the problem!

Yes, all the recordings are there. Finding them is the problem!
Frustrating for sure. Hard to tell our 3 yr. old that I can't find her show right away. If I cannot find a workaround for this I may put the HR54 in the kitchen and bring back the 24 for the living room. Stupid update :( Any idea when a new update is scheduled? Hoping they will have a fix with that.

Hi Guys,

Ever since the latest update to the box (HR54),our list of recorded shows is really bad. By that I mean that sometimes I can see some of the recorded stuff and other times it is not there. Common sense would tell you that if you tell it to show all recordings, then everything will be there but, NO!!. I can tell it to show KIDS Shows then some will show but not all. I tell it to show LATEST it will show some but not all. Most often than not, I have to do a search,and finally find all the recorded ones I want--not at all like we did with the old HR24. I do like the fact that we can occasionally record more than 2 shows at once but really, I am not happy with the HR54. Any way around this screwy list thing we are having???? And yes, a red button reboot will show everything n the list--for a day or less and then it goes back to a wacky set up. Any solution or, is this a "wait for the next update"??
from the directv forums

Hello Community,

Special Note - We are aware of an issue where some DVR recordings are not displaying. The good news is they aren't gone.

As a temporary workaround, you can:

• Re-sort the playlist by pressing 0 on the remote control twice (re-sort the playlist first by alphabetical order, then by recording date order)
  • View the recordings in the specific category on the left side menu (arrow left and go to Sports, Movies, Kids, etc)
We apologize for the inconvenience as we work toward a resolution.

Reactions: Rebel Racing
from the directv forums

Hello Community,

Special Note - We are aware of an issue where some DVR recordings are not displaying. The good news is they aren't gone.

As a temporary workaround, you can:

• Re-sort the playlist by pressing 0 on the remote control twice (re-sort the playlist first by alphabetical order, then by recording date order)
  • View the recordings in the specific category on the left side menu (arrow left and go to Sports, Movies, Kids, etc)
We apologize for the inconvenience as we work toward a resolution.
Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)