Super Home Node and DTVPal

IlliniChuck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I currently have a 722 and 322 in my home from Dish Network. I also have an OTA hooked up to a super home node. In 2 of my rooms I only receive analog channels from the OTA.

I went out and purchased the DTVPal and it works great for picking up the digital OTA channels. However, I can't watch my DISH programming unless I use the remote that it came with and utilize the analog pass through button. I really would like to keep it simple and have 1 remote and avoid using the DTVPal remote.

Any suggestions?

you can use your Dish remote to run the Pal. The Pass-through button will be whatever button is in the same area of the Dish remote. (upper-left)

sorry, I am pretty bad at this stuff. I don't really know what that means. I followed the instructions that are in the 722 instruction manual (codes: 722 and 742) that are associated with DISH products.

Sorry for being so lame, but I really do appreciate your help.

well I'm finally home. not sure how much help I'm going to be though. I just grabbed both of my Dish remotes, pointed each one at the Pal and controlled it without doing a thing. Power on and off, menu features, pass-through, everything. If you have UHF/IR remotes you might have to figure out how to setup one of the AUX buttons to control a Dish receiver. I will try to investigate this further this evening.

I currently have a 722 and 322 in my home from Dish Network. I also have an OTA hooked up to a super home node. In 2 of my rooms I only receive analog channels from the OTA.

I went out and purchased the DTVPal and it works great for picking up the digital OTA channels. However, I can't watch my DISH programming unless I use the remote that it came with and utilize the analog pass through button. I really would like to keep it simple and have 1 remote and avoid using the DTVPal remote.

Any suggestions?

What is a super home node?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)