Super Joey Comments

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
Looking to replace one of my Hoppers with a Super Joey. Looking for comments good & bad from those who have had them installed already.

The Good:

1. 5-tuner integration
  2. $2 less/mo
  3. no fan
  4. smaller than Hopper

The Bad:

1. 1 fewer satellite tuners
  2. 1 fewer OTA tuners (if you have two now)
  3. No TV if Hopper craps out
  4. Down by 2TB

Last edited:
The 5 tuner integration is high on the list. There is only 2 of us in the house so 5 tuners with PTA and OTA are plenty. Also don't keep many recorded shows after they are watched so losing 2tb is not an issue. $2 a month won't buy me a good beer. Being able to start and stop shows from room to room and all timers & recordings on one spot are very attractive.

I swapped out one of my hoppers for a Super Joey. The 2 hoppers were never fully integrated anyway. Now I never have a recording conflict. Only thing I miss is the Super Joey doesn't have Bluetooth and you can"t connect an external hard drive to it. Which wouldn't be a problem but my ethernet connection isn't in my main viewing area so my hopper with sling is in another room. I can view whats on my hard drive but I can't transfer from my main viewing area to my harddrive and I can't use my Bluetooth headphones there.

I swapped out one of my hoppers for a Super Joey. The 2 hoppers were never fully integrated anyway. Now I never have a recording conflict. Only thing I miss is the Super Joey doesn't have Bluetooth and you can"t connect an external hard drive to it. Which wouldn't be a problem but my ethernet connection isn't in my main viewing area so my hopper with sling is in another room. I can view whats on my hard drive but I can't transfer from my main viewing area to my harddrive and I can't use my Bluetooth headphones there.
Bluetooth and the hard drive would not be a problem for me. My main concern was hardware or software issues on this new equipment.

Works great. Very few issues, a few minor glitches. If I were you I'd make the switch as soon as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)