Super joey install problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phill1060

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
NE Florida
The tech that showed up had only installed his own and said he wasn't really given training just a diagram and instructions. He first tried to use my duo node and i mentioned that i thought he might need to use solo and the integrater. Well he tried it the second way after first trying the duo node and having the hopper off. He did install the way the diagram showed eventually but had problems getting the super joey to talk to the hopper. He eventually got it going and left. .... Then it quit working. Network diagnosis show issue as a low bad moca connection. I checked the wiring to the diagram looks good. Changed the location to another tv and changed wiring to match making sure super joey to integrator. Integrator to splitter . Splitter out to joey. splitter in to single node. Joey works hopper works but still no super joey. I bet he fried the moca when he hooked it up to the duo node and powering it up without the hopper.? They are coming back today. Glad i have the replacement plan for the next 4 months

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder if he fried it by connecting to the duo, too.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I fail to see how the duo node to the SJ would fry the moca circuitry. I think this is SJ infant mortality.

Super Joeys are designed to hook up to a integrator not directly to a duo node. There should be no duo node in the Super Joey circuit. Super Joeys are for customers with only one Hopper. How many times do we have to go over this? :D

If anything got fried, it was probably the node's client port.

Why? The claim has been made (no doubt true) that the SJ cannot source 1.5amps to power half the node and 3 LNBs. So if anything in the SJ fried, it should be the power supply.

A back up plan,if Hopper is in bridge mode,would possibly be to put a terminator on the client side of the solo node & then use a tap on the Hopper side of the node to split signals between the Hopper & splitter........or just wait until the tech comes out to replace the solo node,& if that doesn't work,the Super Joey itself.

Tech replaced everything in the box outside node and integrator then ended up replacing the super joey. replacing the super joey did the trick. All good now and i love it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have noticed being a fsm and hearing my techs that if the hopper does not have the latest update it does not work. Some are saying can't get a connection at all and others say it works just the tuners on the sj does not show.

What is your current update on your hopper?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have noticed being a fsm and hearing my techs that if the hopper does not have the latest update it does not work. Some are saying can't get a connection at all and others say it works just the tuners on the sj does not show.

What is your current update on your hopper?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What is a fsm?

I was referring to damaging the SJ.

Sorry for the confusion. i was referring to this clause from the OP.

I bet he fried the moca when he hooked it up to the duo node and powering it up without the hopper.

Anyhow, I correctly called this problem "infant mortality". I don't believe the duo node had anything to do with the moca signal being weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)