Super Joey range

Hi! Super Joeys are wired, so distance may not matter as much as say, a wireless Joey and the access point.
Did one yesterday, the Super Joey was about 120ft away from the integrator and DPP44 switch, Hopper recognized the Super Joey, but no sat signal on tuner 4 & 5, was wandering if there is a power limit.

Did one yesterday, the Super Joey was about 120ft away from the integrator and DPP44 switch, Hopper recognized the Super Joey, but no sat signal on tuner 4 & 5, was wandering if there is a power limit.

Whew, that's pretty far! Is it a single cable, or multiple put together? As far as we know, a single cable with a max of about 50 feet is preferable, just like with RV equipment. If you have multiple cables reaching out that far we would try putting the Super Joey at the end of each length to see where the sweet spot is. If it's that far away though you may need to get another dish and another Hopper.

Whew, that's pretty far! Is it a single cable, or multiple put together? As far as we know, a single cable with a max of about 50 feet is preferable, just like with RV equipment. If you have multiple cables reaching out that far we would try putting the Super Joey at the end of each length to see where the sweet spot is. If it's that far away though you may need to get another dish and another Hopper.
It's a very large house, all receivers same location, Super Joey is working, but as a regular Joey, without it's tuner, i may have to find a different way to limit the cable run, thanks for your help

It's a very large house, all receivers same location, Super Joey is working, but as a regular Joey, without it's tuner, i may have to find a different way to limit the cable run, thanks for your help
Convince your customer to go with a Hopper 3/Joey 3 combination. No need for the Super Joey that way, and you get 16 tuners instead of 5.

I need to know about this install that used a 44 Switch and an Integrator.Why man, why??

It's not the cable run, it's the cabling itself. The way it's connected, I guarantee it

DPP44 switch, i used it with Super Joey's more than once, never with such a long run of cable
I know what it is, I've been a tech for 7 years. Why in God's name are you using a 44 Switch with a Super Joey? Why are you not using a Hybrid LNBF and a Duo Node?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I know what it is, I've been a tech for 7 years. Why in God's name are you using a 44 Switch with a Super Joey? Why are you not using a Hybrid LNBF and a Duo Node?
I lived in Jamaica, didn't have access to hybrid at the moment, was a rush job

Reactions: HipKat
Ahhhhhh, that explains a lot. a 44 switch really isn't a way to do it. You have a solo node for the Hopper? How many joeys?
Yes i used a solo node, Hopper2k, Joey2.0 & Super Joey, i set them up at my location and activated them, all work fine, until i install them on the job yesterday, Super Joey has no tuners

Yes i used a solo node, Hopper2k, Joey2.0 & Super Joey, i set them up at my location and activated them, all work fine, until i install them on the job yesterday, Super Joey has no tuners
Take out the 44 switch and use this diagram. Then run a check switch on the Hopper

1596711262038.png

That's the setup i used, with DP lnb for each sat, to 44 switch, i am outside the US, have to use a larger dish, 3ft upwards
Ahhhhh, so you have 3 dishes. I'm guessing 102mm Dishes. So, you have to use port one out on the 44 switch to the power inserter and ports 2 and 3 out to the solo hub. Is that how you're doing it?

Ahhhhh, so you have 3 dishes. I'm guessing 102mm Dishes. So, you have to use port one out on the 44 switch to the power inserter and ports 2 and 3 out to the solo hub. Is that how you're doing it?
Two dish, 119 & 110, i never used power inserter, port 1 & 2 to solo hub, port 3 to the integrator, port 4 terminated, most of the time i used one dish and build a mounting bracket for the second satellite, i have installed over 10 Super Joey's before, never had a problem, going to make a shorter run cable

• Wow
Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts