Super Joey

Just because it's not allowed now doesn't mean they won't change it. They didn't want to allow two Hoppers when they were first released.

The potential I think about has more to do with the install side of things, not so much for the customer.
Potentially easier? Sure. They also didn't allow 3 or 4 Hoppers until later on. Think about it though. This new "Super Solo Node" will require three lines from the dish. That will have maxed out the 1000.xs' capacity. The only way to add another Hopper would be to add switches, or create a new LNB. I seriously doubt that they will create a node with external switches in mind. Also doubtful that they'll be coming out with a new LNB. Sure, maybe sometime down the line, they'll allow multiple Hoppers with the Super Joey, but it won't be because of a new node.

Potentially easier? Sure. They also didn't allow 3 or 4 Hoppers until later on. Think about it though. This new "Super Solo Node" will require three lines from the dish. That will have maxed out the 1000.xs' capacity. The only way to add another Hopper would be to add switches, or create a new LNB. I seriously doubt that they will create a node with external switches in mind. Sure, maybe sometime down the line, they'll allow multiple Hoppers with the Super Joey, but it won't be because of a new node.

We're just guessing here. I don't even know if we are close at all. I'm just hoping it will be a device that will allow us to only run one cable into the house. It's all speculation.

We're just guessing here. I don't even know if we are close at all. I'm just hoping it will be a device that will allow us to only run one cable into the house. It's all speculation.
One would hope, but I'm almost willing to bet money that it won't be anything innovative.

Doubt that. If anything that's a software/policy limit. I'm sure whatever new comes out will still only support one Hopper. It'll probably just be a Solo Node with an integrated Integrator.
I think it is a hardware issue. I bet there are lotsa folks that want a Super Joey and more than one Hopper.

Yes, you can run it straight off the client port of the solo node. But I THINK in doing that you may only get one extra tuner instead of two...
That couldn't work. The best you would get is a very expensive Joey with no extra tuners.

I guess it could if they routed the extra LNB signal out the client port. Shocked if that' s the case, but I've been shocked before. A 211 could probably work off a client port too if that's the case. Only have a duo node myself.

I think it is a hardware issue. I bet there are lotsa folks that want a Super Joey and more than one Hopper.
If it's a hardware issue I doubt a new node would fix it.

I guess it could if they routed the extra LNB signal out the client port. Shocked if that' s the case, but I've been shocked before. A 211 could probably work off a client port too if that's the case. Only have a duo node myself.

I'd like to see proof of that.

Putting voltage from a Super Joey directly into a client port would probably fry the node.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts