"Super" (LOL) Dish question??

melman

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006

I just came out of the stone age and purchased a super dish from a friend of mine, along with two 311 recievers. I had no trouble installing my original system my self and thought this change-over would be a breeze.... the install is all done and I,m still not picking up the signals correctly... after three days of H_ _ _ !!!
Everything is set to specs except the signal is not coming in where it is supposed to... 119 comes in on 110 and I'm picking up 129 when I'm supposed to be picking up 105....HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!:eek:

Sounds to me like you have the dish set too far over to the right (looking from behind the dish). You are getting 119/129 instrad of 110 and 119. Also, are you certain that the dish you have is a Superdish 105 and not a Superdish 121?

See ya
Tony

I am sure its a 105 it just came from across town... The setup on the screen says the line up for 105 is az 209; el 43; sk 112, for my region, and I have panned from ese to due west at those coordinates and the only hit I can get is where Im at now????

yes... it shows no signal for 119 or 110 and NC for 105... the actual point screen shows a red signal on 110 that says wrong sat 119 at 117 sig strength ... 119 and 121 show wrong sat 129 at 50-70 sig strg

Ok ... That seems to be the logical answer so I will try AGAIN tomorrow !!! Thanks for the help !!!

are you aiming with TV and receiver, or meter? if you have meter aim with 105 sat it's easier to find.

I have seen a number of receivers that are not able to tune in three or more satellites at the same time or have problems pulling in even/odd transponders from the FSS satellite.

I would say that most likely in this case, you need to get the the lnbf's to pickup the correct orbital location.

melman said:

I just came out of the stone age and purchased a super dish from a friend of mine, along with two 311 recievers. I had no trouble installing my original system my self and thought this change-over would be a breeze.... the install is all done and I,m still not picking up the signals correctly... after three days of H_ _ _ !!!
Everything is set to specs except the signal is not coming in where it is supposed to... 119 comes in on 110 and I'm picking up 129 when I'm supposed to be picking up 105....HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!:eek:
I know this is an older post but I wanted to let you know I just got done setting up my superdish 105 and I had the exact same problem till I double checked my skew and elevation to find that I had them set wrong. Once I set them right I had it lined up in no time.

Keep in mind that 105 won't come in as strong as 110 or 119. If you get 105 up to a signal strengh of around 70 then lock it down, that's probably as good as it is going to get.

Why don't you get a Dish1000 instead?

Arrgghh. A PILE of non-sequitor posts.

OP stated he's getting 119/129. He is 9 degrees too far west, and a little low. PERIOD.

As for D1000, that gets a different set of satellites. It seems he wants 105 - for his locals. Not all 105 locals are mirrored on 129.

I would just hook up the 110 to a reciever, run a check switch, find 110 and peak that signal pretty good. Then hook up everything to the switch like it should be, run a check switch, and see what you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)