Super Stations

armymp30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Ocean Springs Ms
I called to add the superstations to my account last night and was told I would need a wing dish to do this with? Does anyone know if this is true? I have a dish 1000.2 Thanks.....................

Superstation package is the 5 remaining (what the FCC calls) Superstations

WSBK Boston
KWGN Denver
WPIX NY
WWOR NY
KTLA LA

They are on the 119 satellite and can be added for 5.99 for all 5 or 1.50 each

The Superstations (before WB & UPN) were basically independent stations that usually cable companies got to fill out the channel list. They were really known for sports back in the day (Mets on WWOR, Yanks on WPIX, Rockies on KWGN, Dodgers on KTLA & Red Sox/Bruins on WSBK) but now has just a few. WPIX had 25 Mets games, WWOR had 20 Yankee games and KTLA shows some Clippers games

Right now they're good for folks who dont have a CW affiliate in their market (and I guess a MY Network affiliation too) or just want syndicated shows (WSBK shows the 3 stooges too) :)

some more info
http://dishuser.org/superstations.php

I called to add the superstations to my account last night and was told I would need a wing dish to do this with? Does anyone know if this is true? I have a dish 1000.2 Thanks.....................

they are on 119 so you're good to go

just log in to your account and add them via the web

Superstation package is the 5 remaining (what the FCC calls) Superstations

WSBK Boston
KWGN Denver
WPIX NY
WWOR NY
KTLA LA

WPIX had 25 Mets games, WWOR had 20 Yankee games and KTLA shows some Clippers games

Right now they're good for folks who dont have a CW affiliate in their market (and I guess a MY Network affiliation too) or just want syndicated shows (WSBK shows the 3 stooges too) :)

some more info
EKB: Superstations Programming

I like the Superstations for mountain time and west coast feeds of CW. Also WSBK has ACC football and basketball and MLS soccer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)