SuperDish 105

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vmaxept

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Pikeville, TN
Hi new to list. I am trying to install the Sd -- Have it installed and cabled to SW34. Of course I get nothing. I have the 3900 rec. Worked well with the D500, the one with 2 LNB. The rec says it cannot find the switch. So I connected each LNB direct to the rec, nothing on any LNB. Setup does not see any sat. The dish is set for 105W. I have checked it xx many times. I used a good compass and elevation indicator. All coax is new RG6. I have ordered a sat finder meter, it should be here Mon or Tue. I got one with the battery pack. I sure hope this does the trick, sure cannot seem to find any bird doing it with the rec and a tv out by the dish. Hope my LNBs are good- Any suggestions appreciated. RR

RATs was afraid of that.. BUT my setup shows the SUPERDISH switch selection.. but I guess that assumes the adapter is installed.. Bummer. Well guess I will just get a new HD 811 from ebay.. That was my main plan any way..wont have any problem with an 811?
Thanks that was what I was looking for.. funny the dish tech did not tell me that one when I called to find out about getting the locals (105) turned on..glad I did not do it yet. Why cant I get 110/119 off the LNB direct? Different LND then my D500 LNBs?
RR W3HBH (old timer from MD)

I see by your call that you've been around. ;)

Yeah - there's many different kinds of LNBFs - mostly 2 attributes are important: Legacy vs. DishPro and DSS vs. FSS. Besides that, some (Twin, Quad) have switches built-in.

Legacy receivers can NOT use DP LNBFs without an adapter.

The 105/121 birds are FSS (H/V polarity), the rest are DSS (L/R polarity).

P.S. Your switch better say "DP34" on it and not SW34, which doesn't exist.

A follow up . Thanks to all the advice from the few. I got the Sat finder meter.. plug here.. from ebay. A real neat kit with the basic little meter and a battery pack pouch, short cable and a low cost level, compass. Found I had the dish almost dead on. Sat 105w - little tweak and peaked, then a slight degree shift for 119. 120 was full on. Locked down with good signal on the portable meter.All showing about the same level. Sure beats doing it with the rec. Of course I may have to fine tune. Now just waiting on the dish pro adapt unit. A few on ebay.
Am I allowed to give the plug for the ebay dealer who made up this neat kit?
yes I have the DP34 switch.
Great site - I read it every day now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)