Superdish 121 vs Dish 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clarknielsen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Idaho
I was curious if the SD 121 and the Dish 1000 were identical except for the lnb's and the metal bracket that points them and attaches them to the dish. I am considering swapping out the SD 121 lnb's with a Dish 1000 Lnb's. I currently have a SD 121 and a dish 500 pointed at 129. I don't care about the international channels, so I don't think I need the 121 anymore.

no they are not identical, the 1000 is just a little bit bigger than the 500 dish, the 121, needs to be that big due to the FSS signal(121), you probably had the 121 for local channels, which will be moved to the 110 location soon, at that time you will not need that location

Check out the "Mad Scientist" posts (Do a search) if you want to see how to add the ability for a SuperDish to see the 129 satellite.

Note you can't simply swap out the LNBs. The SuperDish uses a special combo LNB for the 121 and 119 slots due to their close spacing.

I have a 121 superdish right next to a dish 1000. They are totally different. The 1000 is a lot smaller and the 121 dish is great for no rain fade on 110 and 119.

I have the superdish connected to a 501 in one of the back rooms and the 1000 connected to the 411 in the living room. Through the storms this winter I got a little rain fade on the 1000, but the superdish worked perfectly in the pouring rain. That is why I hesitate to get rid of it.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)