Superdish and/or (dish pro?) question

G

i have read that my two 2800 recivers will need some adapter (dish pro adapter?) to be able to work with superdish. how much will they cost? will i need two of them or only one?

A

A_Pac

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 15, 2003
i am going to need superdish to get my locals off 105 satilite. (columbus, ohio) if i get adapter will be able to get the local channels on the 2800? is the adapted required?

G

If you want to use a 2800 on DISH PRO it is required to use the adapter. When the time comes for you to upgrade ask DISH if they will provide the adapters free they might just to keep customers. If not see if they will give a deal on DP-301s?

jerryez

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
The Dish 301 is $99 and is Dish Pro compatible. It is a newer receiver than the old Dish 2800.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You can get a Dishpro adapter for cheeper then $80, the SatelliteGuysStore has them for $65. :)

http://www.satelliteguysstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=86

Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Next year a DishPro+44 switch will be available (although unknown whether it will come with the SuperDish but will be made for it) in which will have the legacy/DP adapter built in it. That means you would not have to purchase an adapter for each legacy receiver to have it work with DishPro lnbfs and DishPro switches.