Superdish chimney install

Luther said:
Hey bryan92, do you happen to live in the Staesboro, GA. area ? And if so, Have you attempted to pick up any of the HD digital channels out of Savannah. I'm getting my 811 next week and am going to try an old Wineguard 2000 I had from a previos install. But was just wondering if you had any luck or tried yet.

Yea, I live out near the Ogeechee river off Hwy 301 North. I had a antenna that was put up before I got an HDTV and when I finally got one all I could get was WTOC in Savannah. I went through hell trying to pick up the other digital stations and then found out they were only low power. I got the biggest one Rat Shack made and now are able to get Augusta CBS and NBC. Where do you live? In the city or county and which direction?

bryan92 said:
Yea, I live out near the Ogeechee river off Hwy 301 North. I had a antenna that was put up before I got an HDTV and when I finally got one all I could get was WTOC in Savannah. I went through hell trying to pick up the other digital stations and then found out they were only low power. I got the biggest one Rat Shack made and now are able to get Augusta CBS and NBC. Where do you live? In the city or county and which direction?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Ilve in the BIG city over on Peg-Wen Blvd. It's across from where Lowe's is. I hooked my Wineguard to my 301 and when I was going pass Channel 15 (digital out of Savannah) I noticed it trying to do something. So my hopes are I will be able to pull in the Savannah digitals when my 811 arrives next week. That's amazing that you are picking up the Augusta digitals, I had ruled them out. Can't wait to see what results I get. Are you running an amplifier and how high do you have the antenna?

Luther said:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Ilve in the BIG city over on Peg-Wen Blvd. It's across from where Lowe's is. I hooked my Wineguard to my 301 and when I was going pass Channel 15 (digital out of Savannah) I noticed it trying to do something. So my hopes are I will be able to pull in the Savannah digitals when my 811 arrives next week. That's amazing that you are picking up the Augusta digitals, I had ruled them out. Can't wait to see what results I get. Are you running an amplifier and how high do you have the antenna?

You should have no problem with CBS ( 15.1 ).

I know where Peg-Wen is, I lived on Camaro Court for years when I was kid. I dont have an amplifier because everyone on the board said it wouldnt help pulling in the low power stations. In the picture in the post you can probably see the antenna. I would guess its 40 feet or more. I tried to clear the trees with it so as to get Augusta. Lately I have lost NBC out of Augusta they must be working on something.

I wish the Savannah stations would get their act together so I wont have to keep turning back and forth with the antenna.

I work for the drug suppression team at the Sheriff's office call me if you need some help. I am the only Bryan here.

Claude Greiner said:
Looks good. I see you got 3 cables going in the house, you might as well of installed the switch indoors!

I know, I have had alot of suggestions since posting the pics. I wish I would have told y'all of my plans before hand. I went to Lowes yesterday and picked up a water proof box and some grommets ( sp. ). I think with this done I wont have any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)