SuperDISH Ground Mounting

Another option I should have mentioned is to adapt a nominal 1 1/4" iron pipe to the cemented-in 2 3/8" pipe I described before. The outside diameter of that pipe is about 1 5/8", the right size for existing dishes.

That pipe can also be easily converted to a 2" diameter by the following: get a short piece of PVC conduit or ABS plastic pipe with an internal diameter of 1 1/2". Cut along the length of the pipe on one side (a table saw works well for this) and then snap-fit this pipe over the iron pipe. The result is a nice 2" diameter.

Using this one approach, all bases are covered - the existing standard and either of the new Super Dishes'.

AllieVi, Thats a great idea for people putting in poles and not sure which diameter they will end up with.

Mike, I thought about that, but wasn't sure what muffler diameters were available. I was going to look into that if I couldn't find the right thickness of sheet metal at work.

I may not even need anything if I get a 2" Dish, the clamp may collapse enough on the 1.910 diameter, but if it doesn't I now have a sleeve ready to use.

There have been some really great idea's everyone has passed along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)