superdish install question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

A_Pac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
right now i have dish 500 and am getting at super dish installed first week of december with professinal installation. I have to mount my dish on the side of barn 30ft up to get a line of sight. I have a switch in my basement the cables are run underground. With superdish will I have to run another cable? Will i have to get another switch? i got rg-6 cables currently

What is the switch for; do you have more than one receiver? How many cables do you have run?

The SuperDish comes with a 3-4 switch that allows three orbital slots to be outputed to four receivers. You should not need any additional cables to the receivers from the switch but you will need one additional cable from the dish to the switch because of the three orbital slots.

i have 3 recivers, 4 cables running from dish 500 to switch and sw44 switch
looks like i will need to dig before ground freezes :( or will installed dig line for cable?

A_Pac said:
looks like i will need to dig before ground freezes :( or will installed dig line for cable?

what part of the country are you from?

The installer will bury the wire for you if it is covered under the basic installation. In some cases an extra charge may apply if the wire is over 100 feet or if there has to be a lot of wire buried. Also with the ground freezing in some parts of the winter it would help speed up the install and make it easier with a less of a chance for extra charge if the ground is dug up beforehand for the wire.

A_Pac said:

You should be fine. SuperDish uses DishPro LNBF's, so it only needs 3 cables between the Dish and the DP34 switch; the switch will support up to 4 receivers.

It depends on where that switch is at. If the switch is located in the basement of your house then you would have to have the additional wire run there.

Stargazer said:
It depends on where that switch is at. If the switch is located in the basement of your house then you would have to have the additional wire run there.

Huh?? He said the he already has four wires running from a Dish 500 on the barn to a SW44 in his basement ('guess he has 2 legacy Duals on the 500). The Superdish only needs 3 of those 4.

how far (total length of coax from dish to each receiver) are your cable runs, 100 feet is pushing the limit of needing boosters, if I was you I think I would let it alone and let your installer handle it, by the way is that dish grounded by the barn? that high up you will definitaly want it well grounded, if you go with a ground rod make sure it solid copper and at least 6 foot in the ground

Superdish uses DishPro technology and is good for 200 ft. of R-6 from Dish to receiver.

'sounds like he is doing a professional install; but wanted to know if he needed to bury another length of coax before the installers showed up. Since he already has 4, he doesn't have to.

Sorry I must have misread something. That is one thing I like about the SuperDish, that it has that 3 to 4 switch. They would rather have that than a bunch of SuperDishes up at each house with more than 2 receivers in which customers would not accept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)