SuperDish Mast/Pole???

cyrusdss

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
I got a SuperDish that I'm trying to install on my balcony. I don't have the mast for it. I want to use a fence type pole instead. From what I read, I need a pole with a 2" outside diameter. I looked in Lowes and Home Depot but couldn't find anything that size. They were either too small or too big.

Where do you think I can find a regular pole with a 2" outside diameter. I'm in Newark, CA, 94560. Thanks.

SuperDish2.jpg

SuperDish_4.jpg

I got a mast pipe for ground use when I installed the Super, now gone, from a local Dish Network retailer. He just gave it to me even though he was still installing Supers at the time. I'll bet now there are a lot of shops with surplus pipes laying around.

2" O.D. is indeed an odd pipe size. Galvanized chain link posts, the one I used was called a dock post, are 1-5/8" O.D. and are just fine for 300/500/1000 series dishes. The Supers were the only ones to use the 2" pipe and to mount a new 1000.2 I had to adapt a small section of fence post to the old Super's post. You might be able to do something similar or sleeve a smaller diameter post.

sigmtr

Attachments

• new-dish2.jpg
    new-dish2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 231
2" O.D. is indeed an odd pipe size. Galvanized chain link posts, the one I used was called a dock post, are 1-5/8" O.D. and are just fine for 300/500/1000 series dishes. The Supers were the only ones to use the 2" pipe and to mount a new 1000.2 I had to adapt a small section of fence post to the old Super's post. You might be able to do something similar or sleeve a smaller diameter post.

sigmtr

2" is not an odd size it is the size they use for conner posts. THe 1 5/8" is the line posts. It also does not have to be exactly 2" post if you find something that is a bit larger it will still work. Some heavy pipe like black pipe will be close, but it's not cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)