Superdish obsolete?

oakraid

Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I was gonna have superdish installed, only location would be on a six foot pole on my rooftop, installer said they would not do it they would send out
a second crew for another look, second crew would not do install, but he did
tell me to wait a few months because dish was getting rid of the superdish for a new smaller dish around the same size as direct dish.
I was a former dish subscriber (6 years) until recievers started to die and
dish would not help, gotta good deal for 16 months with cable but now want to go back to dish.
Has anyone heard of a new dish replaceing the superdish?

Hi oakraid, welcome to satguys! :)

Dish is not replacing the SuperDish concept. They are however coming out with a slightly small mesh version, but it will still be a SuperDish

I heard that the mesh version of the SuperDish was going to be slighly bigger but look smaller because you can see through it and be lighter weight.

Don't know how much is true, but I had a Dish rep tell me that they were working on a dish to replace the 2 dish set that they need to go to for some...

I dont see a Dish like that happening as the Dish would need to see 48.5 degree difference for 61.5 and 29 degree difference to see 148.

Thats a big difference and would require a HUGE dish.

seemed far fetched to me as well but they said they need to as per some fcc mandate or something like that...

Sounds like the rep doesn't understand the one-dish rule. It's just a single dish for all the locals for a given location. Not one dish for everything.

Does Superdish pick up 105 satellite and 121, or just either 105 or 121? I find it interesting cause i learned gainesville fl is going to have locals on 121, but i was told superdish would not work in florida

A Superdish will pick up either 105 or 121. to get both you need two dishes.

Why not make a 4-LNBF Superdish? (aka SuperDuperDish) Well, the signals from those satellites need to be aimed with the LNBF directly in the center of the dish.. that's why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)