SuperDISH ordered!!!!!

G

Original poster
All;

Don't know if anybody is interested, but I did want to let people know that DISH is taking orders for locals in Richmond, VA today. I just called and the CSR confirmed that it (and SuperDISH) was available. I told him to go ahead and sign me up and to bring out the SuperDISH; he said OK but they won't be able to do the install until DECEMBER 19th! I said forget it, I will call a local retailer for installation. I called a local DISH retailer/installer that the CSR referred me to and he said that he did not have the SuperDISH now, but that he hoped to get his "package" of SuperDISH's from DISH sometime next week. I gave him my info and said to install me up as soon as he could; SO things are looking up for Rich., VA!!!!!

P.S. The local installer said that he would prefer to pole mount my SuperDISH (even though my present Dish500 is mounted securely to the brick side wall of my house) as it was much sturdier mounting method; he would simply swap my present Dish500 dish for the pole mounted SuperDISH. Nice!!! [/u]

Is this another way of pushing the date out? Take orders today, installs not available until 1.5 months later?!? Due to eqpt delays??

Its all about marketing.

Make it seem like there is a big waiting list. 1-2 months out and then take lots of orders NOW before anyone changes to Direct TV.

I bet there stock goes up even more

fruit2k said:
All;

Don't know if anybody is interested, but I did want to let people know that DISH is taking orders for locals in Richmond, VA today. I just called and the CSR confirmed that it (and SuperDISH) was available. I told him to go ahead and sign me up and to bring out the SuperDISH; he said OK but they won't be able to do the install until DECEMBER 19th! I said forget it, I will call a local retailer for installation. I called a local DISH retailer/installer that the CSR referred me to and he said that he did not have the SuperDISH now, but that he hoped to get his "package" of SuperDISH's from DISH sometime next week. I gave him my info and said to install me up as soon as he could; SO things are looking up for Rich., VA!!!!!

P.S. The local installer said that he would prefer to pole mount my SuperDISH (even though my present Dish500 is mounted securely to the brick side wall of my house) as it was much sturdier mounting method; he would simply swap my present Dish500 dish for the pole mounted SuperDISH. Nice!!! [/u]

My local says that they have 3 type 1 SD at their store NOW!

Does me no good w\o a 921!!

Robert

Rolltide, from what I understand only select dealers will have them.

These dealers will be listed in the press release.

Also note that all the SuperDISH cities press releases there is no mention of the SuperDISH in them. :)

dmodemd said:
Is this another way of pushing the date out? Take orders today, installs not available until 1.5 months later?!? Due to eqpt delays??

It's probably due to the untrained chimps DNSC employees, needing at least that much longer to figure out how to even assemble the SD, much less not burn someones house to the ground installing it.

Call the one of the local guys who've made satellite their life for the last 20-25 years for crying out load, not some Dish Network monkey who quite possibly have been flipping burgers last week(no offense to any burger flippers out there).

I can certainly say that >I< don't want to be one of the installers first SD installs! I am officially waiting until well into 2004 before biting on SD so I can see how things shake out, both with the adoption rate of SD and what D* comes up with.

If that means I miss out on some more HD channels until then, so be it. If they will require superdish I may just drop the HD pak altogether.

My local retailer hopes to know "something" next week. I would have thought that the people listed by E* would be prepared and have the superdish. Why bother with the locals if no one can get them? Go figure!

SuperDish ordered

After talking to two CSR's ( first one said I could not order but after reading a post here i called again and was able to schedule a december 16 install(that was the earliest) . I live south of albany Ny and was told that I would be getting a type 2 dish which needed a 2 3/8 " pole. I have reviewed some of the old post about poles but I can't seem to find what type of pole I should use? galvanized? Aluminum? An older post listing 2 companies selling poles did not have 2 3/8 poles. Can someone provide direction as to where I should go. Fencing poles seemed to be frowned upon. Any and all help is appreciated.

Dish won't give me the SD promotion because I already have a 61.5 dish and the Discovery HD channel, and I don't qualify for the Richmond locals even though I am outside of their grade B contour (thanks FCC !). I want the SD otherwise I will need an extra SW64 ($150) to get a 5th output when my 921 arrives.

So I must play their game. I dropped the HD channels today, and I will take down the 61.5 dish. Then in a week I will call back again and try to get the SD promotion. If they don't accommodate me, I will give up on Dish. I will cancel my 921 pre-order, sell my 721/6000 and switch over to DirecTIVOs. I already have a DirecWay dish for internet access so I just need the extra LNBs.

Why does Dish make it so difficult for customers who have loyally subscribed to everything (> $100 a month) for 6 years ? This is not the way to avoid churn of their best customers to DirecTV or cable !

tm, this makes no sense. Everyone that has HD will need a Superdish soon and E* is offering the SD to all HD customers for free. Perhaps you just need to wait until the offer goes from the local thing to everybody with HD (later this month)???

I don't care how bad the installer is really. Once I have the equipment, I can fix it right since they won't allow self install. Long as I keep them from damaging my house - I'm OK with it.

Re: SuperDish ordered

Anonymous said:
After talking to two CSR's ( first one said I could not order but after reading a post here i called again and was able to schedule a december 16 install(that was the earliest) . I live south of albany Ny and was told that I would be getting a type 2 dish which needed a 2 3/8 " pole. I have reviewed some of the old post about poles but I can't seem to find what type of pole I should use? galvanized? Aluminum? An older post listing 2 companies selling poles did not have 2 3/8 poles. Can someone provide direction as to where I should go. Fencing poles seemed to be frowned upon. Any and all help is appreciated.

I don't see anything wrong with using a galvanized fence post. You can also get a piece of 2" conduit (aluminum) I believe the outside diameter is 2 3/8, either should work fine.

My local dealer, who is listed as a Dish dealer, says his distributor will be getting the Superdish any day now. He should get some next week and we get our locals on Nov 13th. We shall see.

SuperDISH's currently are only going to be made available to retailers in the areas where locals are available. :)

Hopefully we know more next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts