Superdish Size

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There were three sizes of Primestar dishes. The first ones were round then the oval ones came out. The first oval ones were 36 inches in width then later they reduced them to 27 inches in width.

I would say that the larger SuperDish will be used for Alaska and Hawaii, perhaps for what some call the SuperDuperDish (who knows what Dish will call it) in which would pick up 105 and 121 in addition to 110 and 119.

It has been mentioned before that the dish would be used for 105 OR 121 in addition to the 110 and 119 slots but not for both. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The current 105 satellite, AMC-2, can not reach Alaska, according to SES-Americom's documents. And the replacement, AMC-15, will only be able to reach the southeastern-most corner....

I think Dish is going to have to use 157 or 148 for Alaska.

fv3 said:
The current 105 satellite, AMC-2, can not reach Alaska, according to SES-Americom's documents. And the replacement, AMC-15, will only be able to reach the southeastern-most corner....

I think Dish is going to have to use 157 or 148 for Alaska.

This is what I think too, especially since E* now owns all 32 TP's at 148 and 3 at 157, what else are the going to use these extra TP's for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts