SuperDish vs. Dish 500 + 61.5

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Dish1000 vs. Dish 500 + 61.5

I'm going to be moving within my area in a month or so and I have a bit of a dilemma.
I have some of my locals on the wing @ 61.5. I never actually watch the locals @ 61.5, I only have the dish out there for Voom ;)
I would prefer to invoke Dish Mover and get a Dish1000 and just have the single Dish installed, but I'm not sure I can get away with this installation given where my locals are on the sats.
Is there any way I can finagle this on the installation when the time comes?
Cheers,

Last edited:
I assume you mean a Dish1000. SD is for locals on 121 or 105 or for Int'l stuff :)

Assuming you stay in STL DMA, unfortunatelly they havent moved those 2 nets (the religious one and UPN) to 129. They're still on 61.5 so you would need 2 dishes or hope the installer screws up and gives you a Dish1000 (110/119/129) for free :)

Voom HD is on 129 also

Iceberg,

I fixed the title and text in my first post ;)

I don't watch the religious channel and I watch the UPN affiliate in HD via OTA so I really don't need the wing sat other than for VoOm. I don't say that too loudly though :D

I just think it would be easier to put in the Dish1000 than a Dish500 + a 61.5 but what do I know.

Also, if memory serves, you can't use a diplexor with the Dish Pro Plus switches, correct?

Edit -- I found the answer to this second question myself :)

Best,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts