Upgrade questions

j_fricke

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Manhattan, ILL
I currently have a Dish 500 with dual LNBs, a 3900 receiver and a add-on receiver in 1 bedroom.
I would like to upgrade my system to accomodate 4 rooms (familyroom and 3 bedrooms).
I'm really not up to date on all the different receivers. I would like to have a DVR in the family room and just standard receivers in the 3 bedrooms.
I'm not sure which receivers to get.
Do I need a different dish outside? Or will my current Dish 500 feed 3 standard receivers and a DVR.
Does DishNetwork offer any upgrade promotions to existing customers?
I see that they will set up a new customer with some fancy equipment for free, what about existing loyal customers who would like the new technology.

The 522/625 is a dual tuner dvr that you can link to the family room and the bedroom to have dvr functions at both locations but only need 3 boxs to run four tvs on. Dish does have promotions for existing customers and the one your looking for is called the dishn it up promo. Unfortunately existing customers dont get free gear like a new customer does but will get a considerable discount on equipment.

That is the same problem i'm having. In Jan 06 I will be a dishnetwork customer for 9 years. I want to upgrade to a superdish and maybe a 522/625 but I would have to pay $99 for the reciever and then $59.99 for the superdish. Not going to do it. They give all the latest and greatest to the new customers and treat us long time customers like creap.
When I got in to dishnetwork I had to buy all my stuff. I don't lease any of my stuff. Plus if I pay the $99 that is for a lease then my bill go up $5 month for the lease fee.
I'm thinking about switching over to Directv. That way I can get there newest stuff for free.

Anyone have any ideas how to get dish to give me the upgrades for FREE?

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Throw a tantrum that might work but I doubt it, seriously though the deal you were quoted is a good deal and in 5 years when you have been a directv customer they will tell you exactly the same deal. Do you as an existing customer deserve the same deals that a new one gets? No you dont, neither do I or anyone else for that matter that has been an existing customer because if every existing customer was given upgrade equipment for free then it would bankrupt the company or they would have to raise the monthly sub costs to the same level as what cable is at now and more than once a year as they do now.

Van said:
Throw a tantrum that might work but I doubt it, seriously though the deal you were quoted is a good deal and in 5 years when you have been a directv customer they will tell you exactly the same deal. Do you as an existing customer deserve the same deals that a new one gets? No you dont, neither do I or anyone else for that matter that has been an existing customer because if every existing customer was given upgrade equipment for free then it would bankrupt the company or they would have to raise the monthly sub costs to the same level as what cable is at now and more than once a year as they do now.

I may have to call and throw a tantrum and see what happens. Maybe they should start makeing the new customers pay for some of the stuff, like I did when I started out. I forked out like $800 for my first dish and recievers. I think I got free installation for showing my cable bill.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Hi all,

I send off a e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com about how much I have to pay out of my pocket to upgrade and a Matt Kliewer ceo Escalations. He wanted to know my phone number or account number. So I just sent that off to him to look at my history. I will keep you all posted as to what he say.

Thanks for all the help.

Later,

BigJohn2

BigJohn2 said:
Hi all,
I send off a e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com about how much I have to pay out of my pocket to upgrade and a Matt Kliewer ceo Escalations. He wanted to know my phone number or account number. So I just sent that off to him to look at my history. I will keep you all posted as to what he say.
Thanks for all the help.
Later,
BigJohn2

Hi all,

Just updating you. Matt told me to call him. So I will let everyone now what he says when I get done talking with him. I hope to call him here in the next hour or so.

Ok, looks like Matt is sending someone out tomorrow to upgrade me for FREE. I will be getting a 522 and a superdish. Would have like the 622 but I will take 522 because I think my 7100 died. :(

Later,

BigJohn2

Last edited:
Hi all,

Got my upgrades today. Got a superdish and a 625. Now I just have to figure out all the differnet featuers on the 625 from the 501.

Thanks everyone.

Later,

BigJohn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)