Superdish with 500 Twin or 1000 Tripple LNB Assembly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gireesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I have a pole mounted Superdish 121 which was installed for receiving international channels and 110/119 for regular DN programming. I no longer subscribe to anything on 121. I was wondering if I could do one or more of the following:

(1) For now, get a DP twin, and attach it to the feed arm to receive just 110/119? Has this been tried?

(2) When HD locals in my are become live on 129, can I then change the DP Twin assembly for the 1000 tripple LNB assembly? Anyone tried this?

If 500, 1000, and Superdish all have the same curvature, then in theory, shouldn't this work?

It wont work without modifying the arm.
Notice how the arm on a superdish is much longer then that on a Dish500 or Dish1000 ? It all has to do with the size of the dish, the shape (curve or the dish), and the distance to the focal point (where the LNB's are pointed).

So yes, you could do it, but it would be much easier to just get a dish500 or 1000.

The spacing on the twin is not optimal for using on superdish.

Just leave the 119 & 110 feeds connected, as they are properly illuminating, and focused on SD.

Then add a 129 DP single for receiving 129. This gets better signal than D1000.

I know this isn't what you want to hear. :( (no DPP)

Measure the lnb spacing on the 121 sd feed and you will see the difference on a twin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)