SuperJoey- work standalone?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Can't seem to find an answer to this ?. Since a Superjoey has a tuner in it will it work as a standalone receiver or must it be connected to a Hopper unit to work?
Thanks, Gerry

Can't seem to find an answer to this ?. Since a Superjoey has a tuner in it will it work as a standalone receiver or must it be connected to a Hopper unit to work?
I think a different to look at the tuners in the SJ is to simply consider them "remotely-located tuners". The Hopper does all of the work.

To add onto what Hall said... The way I look at it is the SJ is like a robot. It has the tuners, or ability to have its own shows, but it has no brain. It needs the hoppers brain to work(a couple of wizard of Oz references)

To add onto what Hall said... The way I look at it is the SJ is like a robot. It has the tuners, or ability to have its own shows, but it has no brain. It needs the hoppers brain to work(a couple of wizard of Oz references)
Another way to look at the system:

There are three components to Hopper:

1) tuner
2) DVR
3) viewing port

Super Joey has parts 1 and 3

Joey only has part 3

That's exactly why I didn't want to label it that way. Even the way I labeled it could lead one to believe the SJ will work like a 211, and I was trying to be careful about how I described it. The SJ cannot, not will not ever act independently just like the Genie Minis cannot and will not ever work without the Genie.

But the SJ is still a client, but with two tuners that are accessed and controlled by the (Master) Hopper. The Hopper has the tables for channels, etc. Joeys and Super Joeys need the brains of the Hopper to function. Joey and SJ's don't have that ability at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts