Superman Returns

MW390

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Just got the HD disc today. It is simply stunning. And the sound....the part where he returns to earth. The sub woofer shook the whole damn room. Good thing the wife wasn't home....

I get mine from Netflix tuesday.

I just ordered my copy, along with Dune, from Amazon yesterday and it's shipping today. I was going to pass on Superman Returns. For some reason, I've never been a fan of comic book based movies - Superman, Batman, X-Men, etc. But, the reviews of the Dolby TrueHD audio pushed me over the edge. I've always been a fan of Dune, so looking forward to receiving both. :hungry:

Was there a problem with Superman Returns in HD-DVD

I went to three Best Buy's (then checked online for availability), and two Targets...
No go... Totally sold out... stacks of Blu-Ray, but no HD-DVD's

Any ideas?

Woo, just got done watching it on HD-DVD (Got it at walmart at noon today, last copy. $19 for the combo disc, good deal.

Not a single blu-ray version is sight. Electronics guys said they only got the hd-dvd, didn't know anything about a blu-ray version.

Charper, I didn't say that he didn't know of a blu-ray version, I meant he didn't know if the store had any as all he stocked were regular DVD and HD-DVD. He didn't get any blu-ray to put on the shelf. He wasn't denying the existence of the blu-ray version. You kinda read into it a bit much.

OH sorry, that not what I got out of the comment.

"Electronics guys said they only got the hd-dvd, didn't know anything about a blu-ray version."

Charper, I didn't say that he didn't know of a blu-ray version, I meant he didn't know if the store had any as all he stocked were regular DVD and HD-DVD. He didn't get any blu-ray to put on the shelf. He wasn't denying the existence of the blu-ray version. You kinda read into it a bit much.

Funny... I got the opposite reaction at the Best Buy and Target that I physically went to.

Buy.com has some crazy discounts today on HDDVD/BluRay. On top of that use Google checkout and get $10-20 more off if it is in stock.... If buying a lot, break it into multiple orders to keep getting more huge discounts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts