Supers/multi-sport

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I have been contemplating subscribing to the Multi-Sport Pack and possibly the Supers Pack (KTLA,etc). My question is on the Multi-Sport Pack. How many events are blacked out. I try to watch some events on the alternate sports channels (I believe in the 430's) and only once out of maybe 80 times has the program NOT been blacked out. Any Multi-Sport Pack subscribers out there care to comment?

Wow, it's been weeks, months since I got to copy and paste my ongoing Sports Pack List!

First, about the Supers, the only games that are blacked out are most of the live Red Sox games on WSBK. The WWOR Yankees, WPIX Mets, and KTLA Clippers come through fine. And remember that you can buy the Supers individually if all you want is, say, the Mets games.

Now, let's review what you get to watch in the sports pack:

Professional sporting events:
Arena Football League
Major Indoor Soccer League
National Lacrosse League
Canadian Football League
National Basketball Association (only on NBA TV)
Major League Baseball (Spring Training)
Major League Baseball (partial games that run over scheduled time)
Classic replays (some)
Caribbean World Series
International soccer
Minor league hockey
Minor league baseball
Boxing
Kickboxing
Billiards
Golf (a little RSN coverage)
Beach volleyball
Auto racing
Rodeo
Pro wrestling

Amateur sporting events:
College football*
College men's basketball*
College women's basketball*
College baseball*
College softball
College hockey
College gymnastics
College track and field
College volleyball
High school football
High school basketball
High school volleyball

Other:
Coaches' shows
Regional sports news shows
League/sport roundup shows
General sports discussion shows
Team reports
Pregame shows
Postgame shows
Horce racing highlights
Music (Altitude)
Cheerleading
Poker
Hunting shows
Fishing shows
Boating shows
Darts
Sports documentaries

PLUS lots of opportunities to time-shift Fox Sports Net filler:
Best Damn Sports Show Period
Beyond the Glory
Fox Sports Net Across America
The Sports List
and so much more

What you don't get:
Most major league professional sports events
Some college games

*The rule of thumb for what you don't get is that anything that's available as part of a PPV package will be blacked out on the RSNs. That includes all the major professional sports and some college sports, mainly in conference and tournament games.

And a big YMMV because the blackouts can change from year to year.

My advice is to go to an online TV listing service (I use Excite for this) and choose all the RSNs you'd get with the sports pack. Then browse around from day to day and see exactly what's on. Only you can decide whether it's worth the money to you.

i have both services and I think its a pritty good value even though alot of the professional sports games are blacked out.. it would be nice if dish could offer a super sport package to where you get all professional sports packages (MLB, NHl, NBA, and collage sport packages) for one low price of.... and save a few hundred bucks.. they even could set it up into payments like how they do for most of these packages now. And of course NFL would be nice too but thats not gonna any time soon...

I had the Multi-sport pack before and it had a lot of blackouts.. to much blackouts for me. I took it out after a week.

I think you need to get a package for ktla like adding the local channels for LA (that's if your not living in LA) or you need the super package. I do not think you can get it individually. Oh well, someone clarify me. I might be wrong.

Ceas2182 said:
...I think you need to get a package for ktla like adding the local channels for LA (that's if your not living in LA) or you need the super package. I do not think you can get it individually. Oh well, someone clarify me. I might be wrong.

yeah, you're wrong

When I called to keep just one UPN station, the said that I have to keep one UPN and one WB at least. At $1.50 each (this was a few months ago) and I just opted to keep the supers pack.

depends to on where you live as to the number of black outs you will receive. In Central Iowa, the RSN available on AT 60+ Plus and higher is Comcast Sports Chicago. However, Central Iowa is also in the defined home markets of all the Minnseota, St. Louis, and KC teams, along with the Milwaukee Brewers. The Royals and Brewers are on the altnerate channels and all Minnseota & St. Louis teams are availalbe through the sports package. I added all 3 RSN's (Comcast; FSN Midwest; and FSN North) to may favorite's list and never even knew there were blackouts occuring on the other RSN's :D

When I subscribed to dish (see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80083 as to why I no longer have E*, due to no fault of E*), having the sports pack was a necessity as Comcast Sports Chicago doesn't have the TV package for Big 12 football.

Ceas2182 said:
I had the Multi-sport pack before and it had a lot of blackouts.. to much blackouts for me. I took it out after a week.

Not to burst anybodys bubble, but the Dish Multi Sports Pack ($5.99 a month) is not available to all subscribers. It is not available in the Pittsburgh, PA. DMA. I have AT 180 for over 2 years now and have been trying every couple of months to get it. Same story. Not available in Pittsburgh,PA. DMA.

I'm beginning to think Fox Sports Pittsburgh has something to do with this. They must not want us watching any other RSN.

If anybody wants to try online use a Pittsburgh, PA zip code such as 15222 or any 152xx.

Joe P

Ray_Air said:
So I could just add KTLA if I wanted and not get the other Supers?
Yes. While WSBK and WWOR were without baseball, I subscribed to WPIX alone for almost a year for its Mets games. If a Dish CSR suggests otherwise, I suggest you ask for a supervisor or call back to play CSR roulette.

carload said:
Yes. While WSBK and WWOR were without baseball, I subscribed to WPIX alone for almost a year for its Mets games. If a Dish CSR suggests otherwise, I suggest you ask for a supervisor or call back to play CSR roulette.
They are playing hardball on this one for me. I wanted to drop to one UPN station and they said that I had to have one UPN and one WB at least. Easier just to get the whole pack at that point. I have called numerous times over the past couple months and I get the same answer. If you get a different answer please let us know so I have some recent proof that they are still doing it.

SatinKzo said:
They are playing hardball on this one for me. I wanted to drop to one UPN station and they said that I had to have one UPN and one WB at least. Easier just to get the whole pack at that point. I have called numerous times over the past couple months and I get the same answer. If you get a different answer please let us know so I have some recent proof that they are still doing it.

I have just WPIX...added it in April for the Mets games :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)