Superstation bundling

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
There are runors that the ability to get the supers for $3.00 with locals will gos oon. Does anyone have real info.

AFAIK, superstations/locals bundling was supposed to have been suspended last year. However that doesn't seem to have been the case.

I can't get the same answer from any two Dish reps on this (not CSRs). Each has their own take. NONE have said that the distants/supers or multiple distants/supers bundle price has been dropped. But who knows.

See ya
Tony

I have not heard that the $3.00 superstation package would be changing. I do know that when I upgraded to AEP the csr was very surprised that the "computer" allowed me to keep the 8.99 local/Superstation pack as well. he had to redo the priceing that he had quoted me.

I also have not been notified of such change. If they change it without notice I may just drop my programming back because of the principal of the matter. While doing checking account autopay and to find out that they charged me more than I had expected, that would not be appreciated without prior notice.

What I read was that the locals/Supers bundled discount was only ending for new subs and current subs who have not yet ordered the locals/Supers combo by 2/1, current subs who already have the bundle with the discount already on their account would be allowed to keep them with the discount until they drop them on their own. To be safe, if you do not already have this bundle yet and want it, better add it Today or Tomorrow.

DISH just told me that the only bundle they have or had was to add UPN and WB to a local package if your locals do not include them. I smell a run around.

Dish is sneaking more price increases, more and more of these. The lastest $1-3 price increase, $6-$8 (up $4-6) for extended warranty, no bundling of locals and supers could cause another $3 price increase. Some could see a price increase of up to $12!!!!! OINK OINK YOU DIRTY PIGS!!!!! Any other fees I forget to mention?

Just looked at my new bill. It still has the "NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS 11.99" on the bill and they charged me "AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKG 82.99 LOCALS 0.00 "

So the bundle is still there for now. They also only upped my package for Feb 17 - Mar 16. Didn't go back and charge the new rate for Feb 1 - Feb 17.

Voyagerbob

voyagerbob said:
Just looked at my new bill. It still has the "NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS 11.99" on the bill and they charged me "AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM MOVIE PKG 82.99 LOCALS 0.00 "

So the bundle is still there for now. They also only upped my package for Feb 17 - Mar 16. Didn't go back and charge the new rate for Feb 1 - Feb 17.

Voyagerbob

Voyagerbob,

The superstation bundling with locals and or Distant locals as well as the bundling of locals and distants for discounts is NO longer available to subscribers unless you already had that service before Feb 1, 2004. From now forward distant's, locals as well as the Superstation packages will be $5.99 each.

John

Looks like I may have to reconsider my channel choices, perhaps drop some of those extras I have. You can only watch one channel at a time anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts