Superstations in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

usfsid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I know that DISH is going to put WPIX in HD soon. Is this only for NYC area? Also, what are the chances that WWOR and other Superstations will go HD nationally?

You will see several threads on this. MRight bnow WPIX HD is not being added to the superstation pack. many on this board calim that the digital versions cannot be counted as superstations and that the superstatiosn will go away altogether in February.

I asked DISH about this and they said otherwise but they also told me that it was an "inappropriate topic" for the chat.

I can tell you that the US Copyright office has established copyright fees for the digital versions and DISH is required to report on the number iof subs to both twice a year.

So believe who you wish to believe.

Ah, thanks for answering that question......

Hopefully, they will get the rest of the country up soon with it....

Somehow I think that we won't have areal answer till february 2009----and even then we will have to wonder what happens when SHVERA expires.

I was fairly confident in what i heard from DISh until certain people swore to me that they heard the opposite (and mentioned that DRM i somehow involved) and then DISH told me that an announcement on a Charlie chat or some other way was "inappropriate."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)