Superstations package and baseball ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe P

Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
I subscribe to Dishnetworks' at180 in Pittsburgh, Pa. dma. Their website says I'm eligable for the distant superstations for an extra $5.99 a month. The stations are KWGN-Denver, KTLA-Los Angeles, WSBK-Boston, WPIX- New York, and WWOR-New York.

I'm interested in baseball. Will I be able to receive any 2005 baseball games on these channels? Will they be blacked out in my area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe P.

can't say about all, but WPIX-NY carries some of the Mets games (along with MSG and FSNY)

Joe P said:
I subscribe to Dishnetworks' at180 in Pittsburgh, Pa. dma. Their website says I'm eligable for the distant superstations for an extra $5.99 a month. The stations are KWGN-Denver, KTLA-Los Angeles, WSBK-Boston, WPIX- New York, and WWOR-New York.

I'm interested in baseball. Will I be able to receive any 2005 baseball games on these channels? Will they be blacked out in my area?

Joe P.
KTLA used to carry the Angels (Gene Autry owned the station and the team). I don't think they do any more.

Joe P said:

Joe P.

Baseball left KWGN-Denver a couple of years ago. But when they carried the Rockies you could watch the games from other locations. I live in Denver, and was visiting my parent's house in TX a few years ago. I temporarily subscribed my Dad's DISH to the superstations so that I could watch the games while I was there.

Angels are carried on KHJ-TV, a local LA station now along with the Dodgers. I use to be able to get Red Sox games on WSBK a few years ago but they are now blacked out and shown later as a re-run. The only stations I get regular games on now are, WGN, TBS and WPIX. This is why I got the MLB package last year and couldn't have been happier, except the Dodgers are on less now!

WPIX has Mets
WWOR has Yankees
WSBK has Red Sox games
KTLA & KWGN have none :(

WSBK does black out the games outside Red Sox territory...but the other 2 will not. I watched 25 Mets games on PIX last year with no blackouts :)

WSBK blacks out Red Sox live games, but does not block the replay (usually on about an hour after the original game, so you can DVR or VCR (eek) it). No word on whether WWOR will black out the Yankees, since they just signed on to carry them this year. I'm hoping they will not. KTLA and WGN do carry NBA games in the clear (Clippers and Bulls respectively). BTW, WGN is not part of the superstation package, it comes with AT 120 and above. WGN also carries Cubs and White Sox games in the clear. TBS always has Braves games in the clear, but are carrying them less than the good old days when [W]WOR had the Mets and WPIX had the Yankees.

Iceberg said:
Pablo
WSBK had the replays blacked out last year (at least in MN they were)

That's strange. I remember recording a few games, I'll have to look out for that this year. The really bizarre thing I noticed is that some FSN replays of the 1986 World Series are blacked out. I just saw one listed the other night. :confused:

Red Sox on WSBK that were not on NESN were not blacked out. I saw some replays that were not blacked out as well.

We do not know what the blackout situation will be for the Yankees on WWOR.

The Mets were not blacked out on WPIX, but this is a new season coming up. Beware.

The Red Sox games WERE blacked out outside of the Boston DMA. In all areas except the Boston DMA those same games were carried on NESN. Does that make it clear?

Joe P said:

Joe P.
Jow WWOR just emailed me back they dont know yet on Yankee games here is their response
Thank you for your recent email. UPN 9 values all comments and concerns
from our viewers, and we are grateful that you have taken the time to
write to us. Unfortunately we do not have the information you
requested. At this time the station is still finalizing its arrangement
with the Yankees. Thank you for your interest and we hope you continue
to watch our programming.

Trido

Geronimo said:
The Red Sox games WERE blacked out outside of the Boston DMA. In all areas except the Boston DMA those same games were carried on NESN. Does that make it clear?

What you are saying is clear, but not all of those games were on NESN. In fact not all of them were on Friday. There were some games on WSBK that were not blacked out. That is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts