Surround Sound?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Miryokuteki

Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
We have a JVC TH-M303 (Home Theater System) and we are trying to figure out how we could connect the Satellite audio up to it. Does anyone here have any idea on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

It probably would also help to know that we have Dish Network 322 (I believe that is the right model) receiver.

Does that Dish model have digital audio OUT? If so, plug that into your digital audio IN (that matches you SAT selection) on the A/V receiver. If not, you can only do Pro Logic via the standard audio connections.

The 322 does not have a digital bitstream port.

Simply connect one pair of the stereo audio out jacks (white=left, red=right) with a standard stereo cable pair to one set of inputs on the JVC system. You should be able to hear the sound in 2-channel stereo immediately when you select that input. To hear the program in surround-sound put the JVC in the Dolby Pro Logic mode. (It may say DPL or DPL II.)

Miryokuteki said:
We have a JVC TH-M303 (Home Theater System) and we are trying to figure out how we could connect the Satellite audio up to it. Does anyone here have any idea on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Miryokuteki, Unfortunatly the 322 does not have a DD (Dobly Digital) output, thus you cannot get 5:1 surround sound from it to you DD receiver. I believe the only way to get (current models) a DD unit these days is combined with a DVR, as far as Dish is concerned. If your interested, I have an older Dish receiver that I use that does have a DD output and has done a fine job for me for the last 5 years. If your interested, you can probably find one on ebay.

I will supply the model number when I get home if you post that you are interested.

Quick list off the top of my head of Dish receivers that have digital out:

Current:

501/508/510
721/921

Legacy receivers:

7100/7200 aka DishPlayer

Might want to keep in mind that a good bit of the content transmitted on the channels Dish Network has is not available in Dolby Digital. I find that I'm frequently using the Logic 7 setting on my H/K receiver. You'll more frequently see programming in Dolby Digital on the movie channels and among those most frequently on HBO & Starz.

I may be forgetting a model or two but I believe that's a fairly complete list.

To clarify, those movie channels (the certain ones that do DD) are always AC3 (DD) audio. Just in many cases, most of the time it is Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.

CaptMike said:
Miryokuteki, Unfortunatly the 322 does not have a DD (Dobly Digital) output, thus you cannot get 5:1 surround sound from it to you DD receiver. I believe the only way to get (current models) a DD unit these days is combined with a DVR, as far as Dish is concerned. If your interested, I have an older Dish receiver that I use that does have a DD output and has done a fine job for me for the last 5 years. If your interested, you can probably find one on ebay.

I will supply the model number when I get home if you post that you are interested.

Nice avatar Capt. But I couldn't help noticing her lack of black eyes? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)