SW-10 Internet Modem Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mitchwv43

Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used the sw-10 modem with any other satellite internet. I did have skyway usa but when the satellite went down. and where i live i cannot get the Horizons one.
so i switched to skyfx.us which seems to work great, but I just don't like the usb modem they gave me. But I paid alot of money for the skyway modem and I think people should be allowed to use it. so i have been trying to figure it out. first of all i figured out the password for satellite configuration,(swc0nf1g) and changed the freq to 11725000 which is the freq that skyfx uses, and then i changed the symbol rate to 8000, I then put the pids numbers in and now i get a good signial on the sw-10, but now i have to figure out how to change the ip#from (192.168.30.2) to 10.60.14.155 and that too has its own password, in which i havn't figured out yet. I was wondering if any of you have figured this out. if so alot of the old skyway usa users could save alot of money on equipment. because skyfx.us will set you up with your own equipment. and you only pay 39.95 a month. which to me is great.

networking config password

going from memory here (I'll confirm tonight and post again)

try:

swn3twork1ng
swn3tworking
swnetwork1ng

you rock on the config pw, btw

maybe the sw10 I have in my junk pile is worth something after all!

might get in but.....

we might be able to change things around, but SkyFx uses the
starconnect vpn strategy.

I don't think, even if we can change the configurations of the sw10's, that it
will be useful with skyfx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)