SW21, can I buy something similar in a local electronics store?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

absolutic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
My setup is a single 7200 receiver, a single LEGACY Twin LNBF Dish 500 (for 110+119) and a small dish 300 (for 64.5). To combine these two dishes going to a single receiver.

The RCA has a splitter, this is a diplexor I was referring to, a different creature, splitter splits signals, diplexor combines signals. I was just curious because I can go to the local store and buy it and I don't have to wait to order SW21 from ebay etc... unless any of you know retailers/stores (SoCal) where I can go and buy SW21.

Thanks!
David

A diplexer will not work to combine 110/119 and 61.5. You need a SW21 switch. You can of course purchase online, ( I would suggest the DISHStore.net, as it supports this site!) or you can go to any local DISH retailer, and buy one.

Good Luck!

Alan

Splitters, switches and diplexors are 3 different creatures. You are asking for a switch but you are disappointed that a splitter is not acting like a diplexor.

What are you trying to do? If we knew that it might be easier to help you.

Geronimo said:
Splitters, switches and diplexors are 3 different creatures. You are asking for a switch but you are disappointed that a splitter is not acting like a diplexor.

What are you trying to do? If we knew that it might be easier to help you.

In my earlier post I explained what I wanted to do. Thank you everyone for your responses. I will stop guessing and just get SW21. You'd think the local retailers would have one, but people at Radioshack do not even have an idea what it is.

RADIO SHACK IS NOT A LOCAL DISH RETAILER !!! They are only a sales agent for DISH. I get referrals from the local Rat Shacks for parts sales because as you know they don't have a clue to what they are selling.

Paul

Sorry. It is still not clear to me whether you want a switch or a diplexor. If you want a diplexor the switch may not work.

Diplexors combine signals (or separate them) of different frequencies over the same cable. Switches allow you to select from different sources even though the frequency is the same. The signals from the different sat locations are all of the same frequency that is whya switch NOT a diplexor is used. If you want to combine multiple locations you need a switch. If you want to put OTA or cable into the mix you need a diplexor at easch end.

While DISH and DirecTV use the same frequencies they employ different switching technology. Part of your problem is looking for a DISH switch at a DirecTV retailer. Try a local DISH retailer.

Geronimo

He needs the SW21 to cascade a DISH 500 legacy Twin LNBF with a DISH 300 for 61.5 . So of course the only thing that economically will work is a SW21 switch.

Paul

I guess you are right. It was just hard to jugge because of the terminology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)