SW34 Problem

Jsimppat

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I am upgrading from two basic receivers to one basic and a 721 PVR. We have a Dish 500 with dual LNB's so I need to add a third line. I bought a SW34 switch on E-bay and connected it but can't get the three lines to work. I've tried several combinations of the 3 input and 4 output connections but can at most get two of the three outputs working. Is there a special way to connect the SW 34? Is it possible I have a defective switch? What else could cause this problem. Each of the three lines works so I don't think that is the problem - they just won't all work at the same time!
Help!!!

Sounds like you got a bad switch. I would contact the seller of the switch. I'm guessing that you got it pretty cheap and it was stated "no returns and no guarantees".

The correct terminology is DP-34 switch this indicates it requires DISH PRO equipment. If your original post was correct that you have DUAL LNB that means you have LEGACY equipment that won't work you need a SW-64 switch which is for LEGACY equipment.

Thanks!

Thanks for all your help! I called Dish and we do have legacy LNB's. So I'm going to get a SW-64 switch and that should solve the problem. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)