SW64 Checkswitch Failure on Eastern Arc

Barnabus

Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
I have a SW64 antenna setup pointed at the Western Arc. I had a valid SW64 check-switch in my VIP211 receiver that showed green status for (110, 119, 129). I re-pointed my dishes to the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.7, 77) yesterday since there has been so much buzz about it on the forums. I ran a check-switch test and I have green passed status on 61.5, and 77, however 72.7 failed. I am positive that my dish is pointed correctly. I looked at the recent uplink reports and it looks like all of the Dish Network (odd) transponders have been converted from QPSK to 8PSK in the last few days. I can't help think that this is not causing the failure on 72.7. Has anyone else ran a checkswitch on the Eastern Arc lately?

Garys can you read? Do you know the difference between dish and dishes. Go back and reread the first post then read your foolish answer.

Were you using the 211 still for the EA check switch, it should have no problem with 8PSK?

I have a SW64 antenna setup pointed at the Western Arc. I had a valid SW64 check-switch in my VIP211 receiver that showed green status for (110, 119, 129). I re-pointed my dishes to the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.7, 77) yesterday since there has been so much buzz about it on the forums. I ran a check-switch test and I have green passed status on 61.5, and 77, however 72.7 failed. I am positive that my dish is pointed correctly. I looked at the recent uplink reports and it looks like all of the Dish Network (odd) transponders have been converted from QPSK to 8PSK in the last few days. I can't help think that this is not causing the failure on 72.7. Has anyone else ran a checkswitch on the Eastern Arc lately?

Yes I posted my signal strengths yesterday outlining the strengths before the 8psk coversion and after . I am getting at least a low of 60 and a high of 66 on 72.7 sat using a 1000.4 sat dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts