Swap Hopper 2 for Hopper 3

KeithJohnson

Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Michigan
Hi,

I have a Hopper 2 that has been terrible since the interface update earlier this year. It now locks up at least once a day. I'm planning on calling Dish and ask for a Hopper 3 to replace my 2. I'm wondering for install if a tech is required or if it's just a case of hooking up the same cables I have now to the same inputs on the Hopper 3?

Hi,

I have a Hopper 2 that has been terrible since the interface update earlier this year. It now locks up at least once a day. I'm planning on calling Dish and ask for a Hopper 3 to replace my 2. I'm wondering for install if a tech is required or if it's just a case of hooking up the same cables I have now to the same inputs on the Hopper 3?
Hopper 3 is a new ballgame, it's gonna take a tech visit...

Hi,

You will need an install. H3 requires a different LNB and uses a hub, different from node you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)