This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Swap HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
This is a really dumb question but I have to ask for the wife.

We just redesigned our living room and have the gray HR20. All of our home entertainment equipment is black but the DirecTV receiver. I have been with DirecTV for many years. Is there any way they would swap the gray HR20 out for a black HR21 or HR22 if I call them?

There is nothing wrong with the receiver and I think it works great but, I want to keep the wife happy too.

Generally no. When my HR20 failed last month it was replaced with an HR21-200 (new), and thus black.

Generally, that request is not something they would do. They would, however, sell you a receiver for $199 with 2 more years...

You can also buy a HR20 Pro for about $500 that I believe is glossy black and an owned receiver with no commitment extension.

Easiest way to find out is call 1-800-531-5000 and ask D* what they will do for you the offer will depend on your account history but you could get a free offer (only the shadow knows).

Status
Please reply by conversation.